13 mile GNX up for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Am I the only one that would enjoy buying that and driving the wheels off it? I mean I get it with collectible cars but I think it's a travesty for a car that badass to be relegated to show/garage status.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Am I the only one that would enjoy buying that and driving the wheels off it? I mean I get it with collectible cars but I think it's a travesty for a car that badass to be relegated to show/garage status.
My brother has cars he doesn't drive and it kills me he said there to nice and he is terrified something will happen to them and I get that there rare like his 69 W-30 4speed convertible that scored a 997 and got it's gold concourse but but the people in Lansing built it for someone to drive it IDK

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Is it just me, or are the Bobby LaBonte add-ons a detraction from the car, seeing as there really is no direct link from him to the GNX program?

I second driving the snot out of it...what's the point of having it other than bragging rights?

Last part of rant...I hate it when people enter brand-new cars in judging and beat out well-preserved cars that have been used and enjoyed....takes a special person...see above.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
My brother has cars he doesn't drive and it kills me he said there to nice and he is terrified something will happen to them and I get that there rare like his 69 W-30 4speed convertible that scored a 997 and got it's gold concourse but but the people in Lansing built it for someone to drive it IDK

Ah, W-30 memories..... Back in high school, late 80's, my brother and I were friends with a couple of brothers who's dad worked for a prominent Olds dealer. Every year for the homecoming parade in our small town his dad would bring home a convertible Olds for someone in the parade to ride in. Then after the parade their dad would allow the younger "responsible" brother to drive it. The favorite between us was a number's matching, all original, 1972 W-30 442 automatic convertible in yellow, we used to drive that thing like a rented Camry, and enjoyed every minute of it. Long smoky burnouts, rolling burnouts at 45mph, rockford's, etc, you get the picture.;) Beautiful car that was eventually ruined by the owner's daughter when she took it with her sorority sisters for a weekend and they shelled the motor by overheating it.

StreetStock#72

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2017
Is it just me, or are the Bobby LaBonte add-ons a detraction from the car, seeing as there really is no direct link from him to the GNX program?.

My vote: it's a distracting detraction.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Is it just me, or are the Bobby LaBonte add-ons a detraction from the car, seeing as there really is no direct link from him to the GNX program?

The tie in is that Bobby Labonte ran Buicks at the High point Speedway and was Sponsored by the Buick dealer in High Point that sold the car. He was an unknown at the time outside High point but his brother was famous and he was fast. Carolina Car dealers fashioned themselves as the next Richard Childress, But you don't make a small fortune racing cars unless you start with a large one.

I bought my 2+2 from a Carolina car dealer who took my money and spent it on his "race team" and didn't pay off the lien. I waited 4 months for a title then took him to court, which took another month or two. The Judge was so used to this happening he sent the guy to jail for a couple days. Courts don't charge interest like banks, so I basically loaned him money at Zero interest for 6 months. Race season was over so jail for a couple days was totally worth it for the dealer.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
My question is where are all these low mileage cars coming from? Seems like there is one popping up every so often. Is it just a few that rotate hands every other month?

StreetStock#72

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2017
Bobby ran LMSC at Caraway. This is about how Buick that Chevy really was.
97 buick nose and tail..JPG

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
The only thing you can do with that car is buy it. Start it up once in awhile. Prey you never get a ding in it. Sell it because you're sick of the responsibility of owning a 13 mile GNX. Rather own a 50,000 GN for 14k. Beef it up a little and drive it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor