15 Years of GBF in 2020. What/Where/When Should We Have an Event?

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
So pittsburg it is ..... or cleveland ,,, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Reactions: 1 users

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
Check out Dragway 42 website. They just put millions into the track. You can camp there and they partner with an RV Rental company so you can rent rv's. There's a lot of attractions nearby. We've got the largest ball of twinge opps that was "Family Vacation" sorry. Cedar Point is a great amusement park, Rock and Roll Hall of fame, Great Lakes Science Museum (children) Zoo's, Cleveland has a retired Ore Ship, the Mathers and a WW2 Submarine, The USS Codfish. Both ships are cool and kids love them. Anyways, you get the idea.

78GP400

Greasemonkey
Mar 2, 2017
Hartville, Ohio
Check out Dragway 42 website. They just put millions into the track. You can camp there and they partner with an RV Rental company so you can rent rv's. There's a lot of attractions nearby. We've got the largest ball of twinge opps that was "Family Vacation" sorry. Cedar Point is a great amusement park, Rock and Roll Hall of fame, Great Lakes Science Museum (children) Zoo's, Cleveland has a retired Ore Ship, the Mathers and a WW2 Submarine, The USS Codfish. Both ships are cool and kids love them. Anyways, you get the idea.

Dragway 42 would be great! Lots of area there. Remote but fairly close to everything!

Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
How is that fairly close to everything? It's 860 miles East of Topeka. If you guys just want a Regional event, then Ohio works for the Northeast. If you want an event where everyone has a chance to attend, you pick a Central location. I'd like the chance to meet all of you. Canadians included!
* Disclosure - Topeka is 730 miles from my house...

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I have to agree with the Carlisle thought, theres the good and the bad of Chevy Nats not being what they were. We could have plenty of space to ourselves and still see some of the other GM stuff. Previous years I went they did have an auto cross option to be able to throw your car around as well. Only downfall is it almost always rains that weekend at some point, I think if it wouldn't rain could be a great event

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Summer meet - central US like TN, MO, KS.
Winter meet - central Fla. :ROFLMAO: Orlando Speedworld!

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
I was going by the largest amount of people in a 500 mile radius. I plugged in Topeka Kansas, got 500 miles radius and the population was 69 million. I plugged in Youngstown Ohio and even though it didn't go outside the US boarder there was 138 million Americans. The 500 mile radius would be 250 miles into Canada but it didn't work there. Probably 20 million more potential people. I was just suggesting where the biggest population is.

[/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor