BUICK 1964 Skylark Coupe Project

Nov 4, 2012
Any chance it wasn't a factory a/c they swapped in to make it one?
I'm 99% sure it's factory A/C. It has the factory controls for A/C, factory A/C box, all the holes in the firewall for factory A/C.

Personally I wish it was a heat-only car. Cleaner looking dash, cleaner looking engine bay and less stuff I'd have to fix.
I watched a video on that, pretty cool but likely a wash when it was all said and done.
It has been a while since I've read it, but I believe John DeLorean mentioned something about them shipping the Vega on end in "On A Clear Day You Can See General Motors".

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Joe, please don't delete the AC. Buicks should have AC.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Yeah, the Buicks always seem to have a/c. A buddy of mine used to have a 67 Skylark CONVERTIBLE with factory air.

Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Joe, please don't delete the AC. Buicks should have AC.
I don't intend on deleting it. It had it from the factory, I'm gonna keep it that way, even if it is more work. I'm trying to keep as many things as I can factory-correct.

I have the majority of the parts. It wouldn't look right either; the vents in the dash would still be there and the holes in the firewall are completely different than non-AC cars.

Still would've preferred it didn't have it.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Bagged and labeled all the hardware from under the dash today. I also took some pictures of the AC parts, for future reference for myself and in case anyone here wants to check it out. I believe I have pretty much everything except a compressor. Here's the heater box, the blower motor and housing, the AC evaporator and housing, and the duct work. They all appear to be in usable condition.
20231202_130536.jpg

Here's the control switch. The knobs are pitted kinda bad and the fan switch is broken but it looks usable.
20231202_130636.jpg
20231202_130645.jpg

And here is the fresh air vent from the drivers side. Dirty, but again, usable.
20231202_132355.jpg

I also have a drier and the condenser, though I don't know how reusable they are.

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor