1975 Pontiac Bonneville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Phipps Sr.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 7, 2016
I'm new here so bare with me.
I have a 1975 Bonneville that I'm planning on removing the body (it's all rusted out) and putting a 1950 Dodge pickup on the frame.
Has anyone here done this???
I've been searching for frame dimensions on the Pontiac so I could do some comparing, but not having much luck.
Any help would be great.
I really want to get this project started, but would like to do the homework first.
Thank you !!!

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Without cutting the frame on the bonnie the dodge body won't fit. Around here it's fairly common to use 78 to 87 g body (monte carlo, malibu, cutlass, regal) frames under street/rat rods.

Roger Phipps Sr.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 7, 2016
I don't plan on using the truck bed, going flat bed. The Bonneville has the 455 ci and it runs, only 78000 miles.
I realize welding some tabs and mounts will be necessary. Just would like to find the frame measurements so the planning can be done ahead of the work.

CartmanTD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 8, 2012
Catonsville, Maryland
To be totally honest, you're best bet would be to find an 84-03 S-10. That is the most common frame used and you can get any motor to fit that chassis. I know for a fact the Pontiac motor will fit if that's definitely what you want to use, I would. Also with it being a truck frame you're already ahead of the game.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Here's what I've got. These specs are from my '82 Buick factory manual and are for a 1982 Buick "B/C" body. I'm pretty sure the '75 Pontiac is a bit larger, as I had a '76. What a tank. That's where I got my 455 and may I compliment you on your choice of power plants. Anyway here are the dimensions just to give you some ballpark figures.
IMG_zps7flsm7yg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor