1978-9 Cutlass Front Bumper?!? where can I find one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
another question for you guys... The bumper on my '80 got trashed when it go stolen, so I figured I'd swap it for a '78-9 Cutlass bumper (with out the signal slots)... Any idea where a person could find one? Don't see many 78-80's in the salvage yards here.. And when you do the bumpers are usually shot...

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
There was a black '79 Cutlass in the North U-pullit this afternoon. The plastic impact strip was a little beaten up, but overall I think the bumpers were pretty straight. Black interior car too, but I think most of it was pretty much shot. Lots of other G-bodies out there today too.

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
silent_orchestra said:
another question for you guys... The bumper on my '80 got trashed when it go stolen, so I figured I'd swap it for a '78-9 Cutlass bumper (with out the signal slots)... Any idea where a person could find one? Don't see many 78-80's in the salvage yards here.. And when you do the bumpers are usually shot...

I got a 79 rear bumper off ebay pretty reasonable price. Unless the seller puts a high reserve on a bumper they go for "fair" prices. But when they want 300 for them AND $100 shipping it is a bit ridiculous. I had to go pick mine up at a greyhound station! What a pain.

Craigslist works great too.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
yeah there was one I was bidding on that was really nice.. but it got up to $290 plus $75 shipping.... too rich for my blood.

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
Yeah, there's some bumpers for my Regal on ebay right now in that price range. Way too much, especially when all I need is the plastic impact strips. My bumpers themselves are straight and clean.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
supercrackerbox said:
Yeah, there's some bumpers for my Regal on ebay right now in that price range. Way too much, especially when all I need is the plastic impact strips. My bumpers themselves are straight and clean.

you can't find the impact strips? I've got a brand new set I bought from GM for my bumpers... I just need bumpers, lol.. My bumpers WERE straight and clean until the ol' girl got stolen.. Seems to be the hardest parts to find too..

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
silent_orchestra said:
supercrackerbox said:

you can't find the impact strips? I've got a brand new set I bought from GM for my bumpers... I just need bumpers, lol.. My bumpers WERE straight and clean until the ol' girl got stolen.. Seems to be the hardest parts to find too..

They're everywhere for the '81 up cars, not so much for the '78-'80. Do you have a connection?

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
supercrackerbox said:
silent_orchestra said:
supercrackerbox said:

They're everywhere for the '81 up cars, not so much for the '78-'80. Do you have a connection?

not really, just gave the guy at the parts counter a call... had to some serious searching but I got 'em! If I remember right I ordered them through huber... and they came from Kentucky...

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor