1978 Cutlass stall problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
A Buick 350 would swap right in and would be a better choice than a 307 in my opinion.
I love the Olds V8 but this swap is super easy.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I have the Olds 260 V8 with the Rochester 2GE-2GC. Not the best carb and I am not sure if they used that in the Buick V6 engine. I suggest you get the 1978 Oldsmobile Service Manual All Series.
I have said carb in my 70 S on an Olds 260, runs great, for a 260. I find the hot air choke more finicky. Until I adjusted the choke pull off, it would stall right after after start up or shortly after.

CutlassKage

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2016
Thanks everyone. Been busy at work and haven't been on. I made a few adjustments and seems better now. Still a little hesitant until after being warmed up. Also lights dim a little when first taking off. I hope no electrical issues.

Attachments

• IMG_0245.JPG
    IMG_0245.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor