1978 Malibu Project, 4th times a charm

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Awesome!
Glad to see you back at it (or possibly “still”?) on the Malibu. Not that I haven’t enjoyed seeing the progress on the square body, but I was missing the updates on this ‘ol girl.

Voted for ya on this month’s GBOTM too btw, but it looks like we both got beat out there!

Reactions: 3 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Awesome!
Glad to see you back at it (or possibly “still”?) on the Malibu. Not that I haven’t enjoyed seeing the progress on the square body, but I was missing the updates on this ‘ol girl.

Voted for ya on this month’s GBOTM too btw, but it looks like we both got beat out there!

Thanks! I agree it has been languishing but I'm not a mud and paint guy(wish I had your skills!) so I am at the mercy of my body guy for a while. We have booked the painter for the beginning of November so we will start making more progress.

Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks! I agree it has been languishing but I'm not a mud and paint guy(wish I had your skills!) so I am at the mercy of my body guy for a while. We have booked the painter for the beginning of November so we will start making more progress.

That’s great to hear man. Having a set deadline to get everything done by should certainly help provide the motivation to get it done.
I can do without the filler work, the endless sanding and the giant mess that’s associated with it all, but I do love being behind the trigger on the paint gun. I find it challenging and very rewarding all at the same time.

My junk is still in it’s time out, but I have this week coming up off so I might look at getting back into it again. November is likely the time I’ll start hitting it hardcore again, probably starting with the doors.

Reactions: 5 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY

You're not a paint and body guy? Could've fooled me! I'm amazed every time I see what you've done with the body of your car!

• Agree

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
You're not a paint and body guy? Could've fooled me! I'm amazed every time I see what you've done with the body of your car!

I rely on the man in the pics for mud and paint, I am his helper, everything else is my sweat and tears. After observing his work, there is no way in hell I could get to his level this late in life, especially when most the car will be black. Whoops, let out a little secret...

I will be trying my hand at spraying single stage paint with the truck though. o_O

Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Spraying paint is the fun, easy part!

• Agree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor