1978 Malibu Project, 4th times a charm

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
This was how Saturday morning started. Unpackage Terminator X and start on a wiring diagram.

Then I started digging for parts that were forgotten purchases. Really need a better system for inventory rather than my memory

And yea, this should work for sensors including MAP/boost/oil/etc sensors, forgot I bought this sensor rail from LowDoller, just need to order the 3 bar map sensor plus push lock fittings to complete the setup

And to 64nailhead's credit and a buddy that reminded me, the Holley 6.86" Pro Dash I had stashed will allow me to add the outputs I need and all the inputs I could ever want. Still trying to not buy a Dominator. Just because. But then again.....

Reactions: 4 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Then I started digging for parts that were forgotten purchases. Really need a better system for inventory rather than my memory

Truer words have never been spoken. " I could have sworn I only researched the part".....

Same w/parts purchased & shelved for later use. Where was that receipt? What version of said part was this ( the original, v.2, v.3)?

And it's even worse when you have multiples (multiple chevy trucks of similar vintage; multiple g-body rides; multiple Model-A's).

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Truer words have never been spoken. " I could have sworn I only researched the part".....

Same w/parts purchased & shelved for later use. Where was that receipt? What version of said part was this ( the original, v.2, v.3)?

And it's even worse when you have multiples (multiple chevy trucks of similar vintage; multiple g-body rides; multiple Model-A's).
Agreed. I have bought so much stuff for my Grand Prix that I don't know what I have at this point. Too many boxes!

Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Correct me if I’m wrong -

I see you 2nd guessing what you’ve bought or thought in the past. All I have to say is ‘run what you brung’. Everything you have that I’ve seen will work - can always upgrade later. And FWIW, selling the Term X from a fully functional car to upgrade will make it worth more. I’ll bet that if you decide to sell just the Term X Max ECU for a Dominator swap will yield more money than you paid for the entire X Max kit because the prices have increased so much.

Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Correct me if I’m wrong -

I see you 2nd guessing what you’ve bought or thought in the past. All I have to say is ‘run what you brung’. Everything you have that I’ve seen will work - can always upgrade later. And FWIW, selling the Term X from a fully functional car to upgrade will make it worth more. I’ll bet that if you decide to sell just the Term X Max ECU for a Dominator swap will yield more money than you paid for the entire X Max kit because the prices have increased so much.
x2 on this logic & especially true w/electronics. Seeing 'used parts' installed & 100% functional yields more return on the investment vs sitting in a box as an unknown where you'd likely take a loss.

Reactions: 2 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Embarrassed to say that zero work has been done to the Malibu. Other stupid purchases and the sale of another distraction this year but no movement on the Malibu. scoti I need to get with you on the stock spindles if you still have them, will text ya.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Just curious here ,but what brand and size are the rims on your Malibu? I was always a bit of a sucker for the Minilite style rims.

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Embarrassed to say that zero work has been done to the Malibu. Other stupid purchases and the sale of another distraction this year but no movement on the Malibu. scoti I need to get with you on the stock spindles if you still have them, will text ya.
Been out of town but back now. The offer is still good.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor