1978 MALIBU "PROJECT TUMMY TUCK"

Status
Not open for further replies.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
1979ratrod said:
dude that sucks about the belt setup. are the bearings good in your alternator? maybe its jamming up idk thats all i couls think of. but everything else looks really good. i love the rims and tires. what did you do to the headlights? did you tint them or did they come like that? thanks man

The headlight came like that, i got them off a dealer that sells them on CL, so far so good, they are glass and seem to hold the HID;s good...

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Serp setup is clean fam. This is the one I have one on the El and another setup saved for the Bu when I get it. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-12497698/ One belt setup and ez install. Chris pulled the other setup for me and I blasted it at work. Mine moves the alt to the drivers side. If you have that same setup, there's a ac compressor delete pulley....http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-10055890/. I have that on mine right now and it looks really clean...I also have the torque specs for the brackets if u need that info. Other thing about the serp setup is the water pump is a "long" reverse flow setup.

Elco Warren 8)
80z :twisted:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Serp setup is clean fam. This is the one I have one on the El and another setup saved for the Bu when I get it. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-12497698/ One belt setup and ez install. Chris pulled the other setup for me and I blasted it at work. Mine moves the alt to the drivers side. If you have that same setup, there's a ac compressor delete pulley....http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-10055890/. I have that on mine right now and it looks really clean...I also have the torque specs for the brackets if u need that info. Other thing about the serp setup is the water pump is a "long" reverse flow setup.

Elco Warren 8)
80z :twisted:

Good info bro, But the set up i got is the 5 groove litte serpentine set-up, alt/water/crank 5 groove...i may go with the one belt set up late on down tha line.. :wink: :mrgreen:

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Yeah I already told you the "one belt"serp system is the b :mrgreen: itness there saint!!! What im running on my El currently.when you ready hit me up,ive put one(set-up)aside :wink: for you.anyone else need one I have another for 165.00shipped(brackets,pulleys,AC delete pulley,alt pigtail,and hardware NO components i.e,AC compress,smog device,alt,or PS resevoir)

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Ok thats it!! No more mods to the engine, this pulley set up looks super clean and reliable.. I would recommended!! I had the alt pulley on backwards and alt fan Was hitting alt and bolt was almost coming off.. Jeezzzzz so it all taken care of...

801CBAF8-8773-45D5-BE5F-AA1C7CC5D8D3-1129-000000D9DB84A23A.jpg

7FEF3314-16B2-4D4D-8472-44DA18F53D5E-1129-000000D9E2C9897D.jpg

Thanks LAX-RATED, i heard these set ups are hard to find at yard.. Thanks :)

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Slapped on her shoes, washed her, alittle wax, cleaned the wheels, and test drove for a good hour, pulley set up was amazing, very reliable.. Thanks LAX... and man i love the attention breaking necks left and right..detailed the engine bay, man she was dirty!!!! Dust all ove tyhe place...

There was a "Chevyholic" Gbody Run today, got invited, but chicked out, i just dont feel like shes ready for her first apperence... Theres a cpl more things i want to do to her, then show up to a Run and watch all the jaws drop!! Hahaha, so i did a little walk around vid.. Nothing special...

[youtube]5__MwkCKQ_g[/youtube]

Big Saint
80zbabiez

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Slapped on her shoes, washed her, alittle wax, cleaned the wheels, and test drove for a good hour, pulley set up was amazing, very reliable.. Thanks LAX... and man i love the attention breaking necks left and right..detailed the engine bay, man she was dirty!!!! Dust all ove tyhe place...

There was a "Chevyholic" Gbody Run today, got invited, but chicked out, i just dont feel like shes ready for her first apperence... Theres a cpl more things i want to do to her, then show up to a Run and watch all the jaws drop!! Hahaha, so i did a little walk around vid.. Nothing special...

[youtube]5__MwkCKQ_g[/youtube]

Big Saint
80zbabiez
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!! i like that you dnt feel ur ride is ready to show....its lookin real good tho bro!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor