Status
Not open for further replies.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
kuruption109 said:
chances are u prob have it to tight

Nah i dont think so, i mean we tightened it like med tight not to tight not to loose..feel me, remember when u came over i had my doubts about it, i was highly concerned about the belt slipping off, i got something else planned..

Allen from maliburacing hit me up with a text and said he had a pulley serpatine setup off of 80 camaro or monte ss.. so we all good...

here the set up hes selling me, no time to go look at yard, busy busy busy
2f5abc23.jpg

heres his set up, looks clean
8b8a4727.jpg

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
Man Saint TT is looking real good bro! Can't wait to see her in person! By the time you get back from your vacation in october I'll be ready to do some cruising with you :mrgreen:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Dave V said:
serpentine is the ay to go......

Well deal didnt go through, its ok, serpentine is what i would like to run...i will hit the yards...what kinda cars should i look for?

the82elco

Apprentice
Jul 24, 2012
California
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
ok guys we have some problems with this gilmer pilley set up... so at my bro in law shop today, i had an intake leak at the carb, so he re tapped that And no more gas smelling or no more are sucking air sounds... but the belt fell off when i was pullin out to test drive.. fell on da floor, so we tighten belt to spec and all was good, i get home to see that the belt was like 1" not 1" 1/2 n e more :rofl: ... i guess the belt grinds up on da alternator pulley and eats up the belt, that was the talk at the shop to put washer to move alternator out about 1/2 in to line it up, but the gilmer pulley set up pushes the belt to the rim of the alternator pulley so that it wont fall off... this is so confusing, i will try some washers, and get a new belt to see if it solve da problem, but i think thats why so many people dont use this set up becuase of that, this is for sb and bb engines, oh well i still have the stock pulleys to bring i back to stock, but man it looks so koo :mrgreen: everything lines up good.. chime in guys

6600205e.jpg

tore da belt up!! haahha
a6873345.jpg

f3146ea0.jpg

47b6470c.jpg
i have the gilmer belt drive on my car & that never happen to me my belt use to rub up against the alternator pulley lip a little to much an the belt started to wear down so i put a spacer behind the alternator pulley an that solved the problem.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
the82elco : LoL, dayum if i would of know i would of stayed with it, oh well...thanks tho

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
dude that sucks about the belt setup. are the bearings good in your alternator? maybe its jamming up idk thats all i couls think of. but everything else looks really good. i love the rims and tires. what did you do to the headlights? did you tint them or did they come like that? thanks man

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
kuruption109 said:
yea that serp set up is nice.. ill keep my eyes open for one as well

Thanks big bro, But L.A.X Rated is shipping a set for me in da mail tomorrow...alt/water/crank 5 groove serpentine set up, i already got the belts today, so ready to go hen it gets here...good looking out both of ya'll :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor