1978 MALIBU "PROJECT TUMMY TUCK"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you have the alternator wire charging your system?

84clonewars said:
Are you sure you have the alternator wire charging your system?

Not sure, after the cs130 swamp its been acting up, its a simple plug and play.. Seems like when i connect the bass wire to battery it drains it???? Idk im confused, like i said before wires drive me nuts!! I need to focus and stay on track and pin point what it is...

A guy a the bus stop was yelling at me to turn it up" i was playing "b*tches at sh*t" lmao.. When i did it shut off and i was mad!! Just turned it off!! Kinda killed my drive!! Well we will see..

I think i found my problem with the battery dying and radio turning on and off... The same dayum wire that i thought i fixed when i first got the Bu was not even connected, meaning the alt connector wasent telling the alt to charge the battery, so today i fixed it and used a connector shrink wrapped, love the way these work!! Big homie Skip will help me with the rest.. I did rewire some grounds and made sure it was correct. Hopefully that was all it was, im sure it was..

I also started cutting my crossmember, once i get this done i can go to exhaust peeps and have him weld in my electric exhaust kit... I went to metal spot in LA to get me some sheet metal, i will cut and rebrace/box the crossmember fitting, take to my bro in law to weld or to the exhaust guy... Stay tuned

A4953506-8D12-451F-B26E-244E0A1ABDCF-528-0000003B7B327EE5.jpg

7BCCCF47-18D5-4E0E-B943-DFF4C3C1288E-528-0000003B75D43DED.jpg

17D7BA6B-5745-4FD3-ADF9-1C2980E366A5-528-0000003B80675F05.jpg

BB046C31-A4E0-4A72-AFE8-5974DD8162CE-528-0000003B871D018A.jpg

hey saint im not sure if anyone else has told u this but man i look forward to opening up ur thread becuase i kno everytime i see an update its sweeeet and man u have came a long way from not knowing anything bout these cars to basically building 2 clean *ss gbodies keep up the hard work bro..

kuruption109 said:
hey saint im not sure if anyone else has told u this but man i look forward to opening up ur thread becuase i kno everytime i see an update its sweeeet and man u have came a long way from not knowing anything bout these cars to basically building 2 clean *ss gbodies keep up the hard work bro..

Ahhhh man thanks alot!! if it wasent for U and the club member (80zbabiez) i think i would be lost! im blessed with the crew and GBF...thanks for the very very kind words...make me want to push harder and harder!!!..much love Saint!

homie,homie,homie!!!! you dont need to BUY anymore metal!!!??? do like i told you just reuse the piece you cut out,flip it around and it will lay in the cut out section PERFECT(MAY NEED SLIGHT TRIMMING/persuassion from a bfh :mrgreen: )then get you a good stick welder(220 amp preferably,wire feed will work,but more time consuming))and have at it,if your bro -in-law is a welder,or even the muffler shop can do this,its CAKE dont let them work you.id give them the MOST 50.00 to do this.after you get it done buy you a pint of por-15 rust prevenative paint(30.00)and give it(crossmember)a good bath in it and let cure for a day or 2 and follow up with a top-coat of choice(rustoleum,krylon,etc)

L.A.X-RATED said:
homie,homie,homie!!!! you dont need to BUY anymore metal!!!??? do like i told you just reuse the piece you cut out,flip it around and it will lay in the cut out section PERFECT(MAY NEED SLIGHT TRIMMING/persuassion from a bfh :mrgreen: )then get you a good stick welder(220 amp preferably,wire feed will work,but more time consuming))and have at it,if your bro -in-law is a welder,or even the muffler shop can do this,its CAKE dont let them work you.id give them the MOST 50.00 to do this.after you get it done buy you a pint of por-15 rust prevenative paint(30.00)and give it(crossmember)a good bath in it and let cure for a day or 2 and follow up with a top-coat of choice(rustoleum,krylon,etc)

Good looking my homie, i tried to turn it like u said, but it didnt look right, sh*t i already bought the sheet metal like 6 ft!!! lmao dayum sheet metal place didnt want to cut a piece for me, all good tho, keeps me busy, but an easy jale for me...im going to cut them tomorrow and if my bro in law isnt avaliable going to the exhaust guy, he said $10.00 to weld all four pieces

Just wondering on your alternator wiring, you now have a larger cs130.Do you have any additional output wire coming off the alternator(attaching nut) to charge the battery? If not, you need another 10 guage or larger.
On my setup, I have a dual terminal battery. Used the extra ground to run to frame. Used the extra positive to run to a stereo distribution block, which is where I attached a 2nd output line from alternator output.
Never hurts to have extra grounds for WHEN one fails. also good to be sure to have sufficient wire for upgraded areas & stereo that need it, whether it's one new large wire or 2 or 3 wires totalling enough volume.
Truth be known, I hate wiring also, but I know enough to usually get what I need done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor