1978 MALIBU "PROJECT TUMMY TUCK"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
you almost done broseph! but is it me or do the big wheels almost make the car look shorter...i saw you mentioned the bumpy ride..well that doesn't go away on those wheels...some bfg's and some cragars will fix both of those that but thats just my GA-boy muscle head opinion and it takes nothing away from the craftsmanship in your project :D ..you have a beauty on your hands bro..

84ElCamino

Greasemonkey
Nov 17, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Looking Good Saint. It's ready to hit the streets. Can't wait to see it on the Blvd.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
My oh my, damn dude she's looking lovely, im loving it bruh. That paint is sick, similar to what I want for my regal.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
lg1200:
Thanks for the comment....its bumpy but i love the head turning, maybe one day i will get rid of them and put some stock 15" rims and tires...ummm just maybe...

kuruption109:
He charged me $100 to run the x pipe from the headers to the mufflers, all i had to do was cut and he did the rest...thanks bro :wink:

84ElCamino:
Almost ready to hit the streets Pollo, almost there, man i cant wait, we for sure have to ride out when she is hitting the streets, holla at me for the next run big dawg...good looking.. :D

richp85elco:
Hahahahaha yea right, ur x pipe looks way better than mine, as a matter of fact i took out m y phone to look at your x pipe online while i was there and got all :cry:

But yes it did quite down the exhaust!!! WHY? i thought the x pipe gave it that good rumble, and mad it louder? On the Elko it had the h pipe and i love that sound, oh well i guess i will deal with the x pipe for know, once i start riding it more offten i might like it...

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
Came out real clean bro!! Post a vid of it running I want to hear that bad boy 8)

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
richp85elco:
Hahahahaha yea right, ur x pipe looks way better than mine, as a matter of fact i took out m y phone to look at your x pipe online while i was there and got all :cry:

But yes it did quite down the exhaust!!! WHY? i thought the x pipe gave it that good rumble, and mad it louder? On the Elko it had the h pipe and i love that sound, oh well i guess i will deal with the x pipe for know, once i start riding it more offten i might like it...

The x pipe quiets the exhaust down because instead of all the pressure from one side of your motor going to only one muffler it goes to both of your mufflers. So theres kind of less pressure at each one because there sharing and its not as loud.. I kept telling everyone my car was going to be loud then when i finally got it running it was quieter than i thought it would be :rofl: My 305 with 1 flomaster sounded way louder

You got all the hook ups $100 is cheap! and Nah man I like the way the X looks on yours it looks like it flows real good! did he build that while you were there or he already had them made??

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Thanks Warren and Mel. :D

Mel i will post a vid when i get the timing right, its kinda quite but it sounds good from behind, while ur in the front seat really cant hear it, but when u walk to the back where the pipes are it sounds good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor