1978 MALIBU "PROJECT TUMMY TUCK"

Status
Not open for further replies.
lepewwagon said:
LOOKS GOOD...When you getting the hood?

Not sure, i did stop by there today to take some bolts to him, the front grille and light bezels were off, the GN hood was on, im thinking hes going to fab up the header panel , but he was still thinking about it... Hope fully by saturday,

Ok guys its Offical, GN hood for sure, 😀 🙂 :shock:

I guess it was too much work to customize the header panel, and the easy way out was to cut the scoop and put on the OG stock hood, i told him to do that in the first place!!!!...Its looking real good, its tacked and i guess bondo/fiberglassed...which is ok...he told me it should take about 2-3 yrs before an signs of little cracks, and if i needed to redo, bring back to him at no charge...hes getting down....and im so happy to see the scoop on the hood already...stay tuned

EC22AFED-86B4-4921-97AD-7252CA8928FD-4231-000003B20E764A78.jpg

3524A1FF-80C8-46F4-9BF5-BED86ECC577F-4231-000003B21F2EC482.jpg

9CC5FE1D-A515-4CF4-BA8F-97FDC85FF418-4231-000003B2169D166F.jpg

96080FED-13D8-4757-83EA-27ADC4E4C8BB-4231-000003B21AE7129D.jpg

Lookin good bruh! So he tack welded it and then filler? I had some AUdi door handles installed on a previous show car I built. The shop cut the holes, tack welded em in and then used fiberglass. Suuuuper strong and never gave me a single prob as far as cracking or signs of wear. Keep the pics coming fam!!

Warren "G Body" :wink:
80z :twisted:

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Lookin good bruh! So he tack welded it and then filler? I had some AUdi door handles installed on a previous show car I built. The shop cut the holes, tack welded em in and then used fiberglass. Suuuuper strong and never gave me a single prob as far as cracking or signs of wear. Keep the pics coming fam!!

Warren "G Body" :wink:

Ya he taked it all around then fiberglassed it then i think some bondo....idk...but i was like :shock: :shock: when i seen it...im sure it should last a good while...will keep u posted :mrgreen:

Its gonna look really damn good when complete im sure.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Ya he taked it all around then fiberglassed it then i think some bondo....idk...but i was like :shock: :shock: when i seen it...im sure it should last a good while...will keep u posted :mrgreen:

Ok. You are good to go then. The door handles were always being pulled on (for a year before I sold that old project car) Didnt have a single prob. Cant wait to see it done bruh. This is what I want done to mine as well.. Keep the pics/motivation coming fam!!

ya thats sweeet now imma have to find a gn hood for cheap so i can cut the scoop off lol.. and yea lik "elco "3G"warren" said you shouldnt have any problems but if u do take it right back to them lol

Re: 1978 MALIBU "PROJECT TUMMY TUCK"

man i gotta ask, what kind of rear bumper is that and what kind of spoiler, where can i get them. i have a 79 im fixin to start on and yours is badass. jus hope mine turns out as good as this one

Re: 1978 MALIBU

kelly_w21 said:
man i gotta ask, what kind of rear bumper is that and what kind of spoiler, where can i get them. i have a 79 im fixin to start on and yours is badass. jus hope mine turns out as good as this one

Thanks guys 🙂

Well i got them from a local guy here on craigslist, but he does sell them im ebay.. User (All Day Customs) they about $100 ea.. Ck it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor