1978 Pontiac Lemans wagon front end interchangeability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thiessen1978

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 25, 2014
Lethbidge, AB, Canada
My front end on my new car has a fair bit of bondo work in it, and it's still sort of a rat rod more then anything, but what front ends interchange with the wagons. And can you use anything other then a wagon front end?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 1,586

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You could put a Chevy front end on it, but would be sacrilegious, in my opinion. The only other cars that the lines would fit, would be Pontiac Le Mans, Bonneville, or Chevy Malibu/ El Camino.
I would look for good Pontiac fenders and change them out. What shape is the header panel in? If that's still good, I'd reuse it.
Good looking wagon, BTW.

Thiessen1978

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 25, 2014
Lethbidge, AB, Canada
Ya I'd like to keep the front end Pontiac still, just a little harder to find in canada. Need fenders, hood, and the piece above the grill. They all have some form of bondo in them. And thanks, the wagon doesn't really sit that low, it's just strapped to the trailer. Do both 2 door and 4 door front sheet metal interchange?

Thiessen1978

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 25, 2014
Lethbidge, AB, Canada
That would be perfect thanks. I want to keep the front end I have now and just replace the current fenders, good, and above grill piece. Anyone know if all g body years fit? Or if only certain years and brands fit?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Thiessen1978 said:
That would be perfect thanks. I want to keep the front end I have now and just replace the current fenders, good, and above grill piece. Anyone know if all g body years fit? Or if only certain years and brands fit?

I might have what you are looking for from my '80 wagon/'81 sedan... PM me for details.

The only parts that will fit the front sheet metal are going to be from the Pontiac line-up; when I first got my wagon I thought od doing an MCSS nose conversion - until I figured out that I needed a hood, fenders, inner fenders ans wheel wells from a Malibu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor