1979 Buick Regal limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drag racer

Apprentice
Jun 30, 2016
Calgary, Ab. Canada
Here are some older pics of my G body. Not having a garage is really taking a toll on the body. Notice the factory mud flaps. I think that is what saved the car. In December/2010. It was their grand father's car. Had 85 thousand Kilometers. It was in the garage for 10 years. Paid 500 for it and have been driving ever since. It's a 301/4 barrel with A/C. M200 trans with small rear end. Has power driver's seat, power windows and Cruise control. A/C is all there but needs work. I have done the brakes front and rear plus master cylinder. Removed the cat converter and had a flow master muffler instead of factory. Now I can hear that it is running. I replaced the rear shocks/springs. Now I need to replace front springs/shocks. Then the body/paint. Should keep me busy this summer. Forgot I also have a new header/grill painted hot rod black. Bucket seats out of a 79 Turbo car. Well that's it for now.
011.jpg
006.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

H33ZY

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2019
Looks great! What are your plans in terms of repainting? Same color?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
We sure got some weird combos up here. Go figure, most Pontiac's didn't get Pontiac motors in Canada but a Buick did? You are so funny GM:). Nice car, keep laying a good wax on, it will help it survive.

Reactions: 1 user

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Drag racer & all; So here is picture of my dad's 78 window sticker. Your car caught my eye as it's similar color (maybe the same)? Would you like the window sticker? I don't know what to do with it, other than through it away. So if you want it & pay postage it's yours. Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 198

Drag racer

Apprentice
Jun 30, 2016
Calgary, Ab. Canada
Looks great! What are your plans in terms of repainting? Same color?
it's what I use to call a 100 Foot car. But when you get close not so much. Paint is not in my budget. Getting what looks like original paint. So I can at least save the body until i can get it painted. Not sure what color. I care more how it performs so first I did the brakes. I like my cars to stop. Check Now I am doing the suspension. I have the rear done springs & shocks. Doing the front now have the shocks but what springs?

Reactions: 1 user

Drag racer

Apprentice
Jun 30, 2016
Calgary, Ab. Canada
We sure got some weird combos up here. Go figure, most Pontiac's didn't get Pontiac motors in Canada but a Buick did? You are so funny GM:). Nice car, keep laying a good wax on, it will help it survive.
I had a 79 Grand Prix it was an LJ model. It had the 301 but it had a turbo 350 trans. This has the M200. for me the M200 is quicker. Every car I have ever owned my first insatll is headers. No one makes headers for a 301. But I was wondering the 80 Camaro and Trans am had a turbo set up. Would like to see how that would work but with the new turbo. only 1 turbo haha. One turbo would change this car from a mini van killer to you better leave when I do haha

Drag racer

Apprentice
Jun 30, 2016
Calgary, Ab. Canada
Greetings Drag racer & all; So here is picture of my dad's 78 window sticker. Your car caught my eye as it's similar color (maybe the same)? Would you like the window sticker? I don't know what to do with it, other than through it away. So if you want it & pay postage it's yours. Ole' Bob.
Thanks old Bob. Funny you bring this paperwork up. The car that I have was bought new at Calgary Motor Product. I live about 10 block away from the dealer now. It is still a Buick dealer. I will go and see if they still have the paperwork. Thank you for the offer. Tony

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Here are some older pics of my G body. Not having a garage is really taking a toll on the body. Notice the factory mud flaps. I think that is what saved the car. In December/2010. It was their grand father's car. Had 85 thousand Kilometers. It was in the garage for 10 years. Paid 500 for it and have been driving ever since. It's a 301/4 barrel with A/C. M200 trans with small rear end. Has power driver's seat, power windows and Cruise control. A/C is all there but needs work. I have done the brakes front and rear plus master cylinder. Removed the cat converter and had a flow master muffler instead of factory. Now I can hear that it is running. I replaced the rear shocks/springs. Now I need to replace front springs/shocks. Then the body/paint. Should keep me busy this summer. Forgot I also have a new header/grill painted hot rod black. Bucket seats out of a 79 Turbo car. Well that's it for now.
View attachment 108392 View attachment 108393
WELCOME! Great looking car! Brings back so many memories for me! Years ago owned a 1979 IDENTICAL to yours right there!! Even the same color!! Mine had the same 301 Pontiac V8 too.

Drag racer

Apprentice
Jun 30, 2016
Calgary, Ab. Canada
WELCOME! Great looking car! Brings back so many memories for me! Years ago owned a 1979 IDENTICAL to yours right there!! Even the same color!! Mine had the same 301 Pontiac V8 too.
Glad that it brings back memories. It's making new memories for me. The gentleman who owned the car keep the car all original stock. Only up grade was a cassette player which fit in the stock dash. For forty years old makes me proud to drive every day. Not many left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor