1979 century "Ugly Betty"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELBMINO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 21, 2010
SOCAL
pappa_wolf said:
well, the day after, with a bit of a hangover, the weather outside is windy, and raining.
I don`t think, that she will be leaving my sight, ever!
I`ll make some work changes, and get her done!
hopefully, she will be driven to the 4th of july carmeet in oslo. they are hoping for 3500 cars this year.
I`m just hoping, that I will get there! hehe

cheaper to keep herr, they say.... 8)

pappa_wolf

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2010
Well, hopefully, there will be a 89 caprise here soon, so I dont losse all the summer cruising, If all goes well, Ugly betty will get a complete teardown, sandblasting and galvanising, and a hole lot of customwork.
by the way, does anybody here know, where to get round LED taillights, in 3" size, with a chrome ring around it?
flush fit to the tailgate!

buying a new bumper is not an alternative, and the old one has some serious rustmite attack

Caballero

Apprentice
Oct 12, 2009
Cool story from across the pond. Make sure he joins the site if he gets it. Caprices are good cars too.

85montemj

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2009
Dude, you really like comma's. hahaha. You gotta love those spray paint-paint jobs!!!!!

pappa_wolf

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2010
85montemj said:
Dude, you really like comma's. hahaha. You gotta love those spray paint-paint jobs!!!!!

yup, I like comma`s!!

they make it easy for me to remember, what I`m writing!

pappa_wolf

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2010
Caballero said:
Cool story from across the pond. Make sure he joins the site if he gets it. Caprices are good cars too.

Well, the suburban is from 1990, and has more than 260.000 miles on the odometer.
most of her parts, are ready for exchange, and I dont have the time, nor the money to do that.
the caprise are easier to work on, and has fewer miles on the odometer.
besides, i have a few "funparts" lying around, for the 305 in the caprise.
but before anything, can be done, I have to fix the rust, on the "burp"

pappa_wolf

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2010
have desided to give Ugly a frame off restauration.
and parthunting, is going on at the moment.
One Q though. where do I get the plastic that sits behind the headlights?
I have been on every junkyard, I can find overhere.
and none of them has the plastic!!

I have also been given an order from my wife, to get SNAFU fixed.
snafu is the first car i bought, when I moved to norway.
that`s a 1980 buick skylark ltd, with some serious rust issues, welded in more than 4 square meters of steel.
now the brakes are up, and the transmission, engine, interior, electrical system. etc etc.

Ugly is waiting for a garage, since the winter will soon be coming, and were looking for another house, with better insulation, and heating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor