1979 El Camino Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
Again it's been a long time since I've posted. Unfortunatly I don't have a garage to store the elco in and I've been busy with my house so havnt had much time to do anything with it. I rebuilt the rear end again since I blew it up and cooked the pinion gear. Also went out to el camino night this year but didn't end up winning the burnout contest this time. Here are some pics.
IMG_20180814_140251_124.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Hey Dude, hadn't heard from you in a while. Life gets in the way of projects for all of us, gets worse as you get older , so don't feel bad. You still have it, that's what's most important. I've had a few friends locally text me the above car show last couple of years, YEA , I know who that is.:roll:
Hoping to get back to mine soon, started doing actual widebody rear early this year with 69 charger upper quarters before stopping, see flicker link if ya hadn't seen yet.
As you know, ambitious projects get you deep into trouble time wise..

Last edited:

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
just remember that this is a hobby.And we just do it as time and money permit. It has taken years to build my 1979 Z-28 and 1981 El Camino SS .

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
Hey Dude, hadn't heard from you in a while. Life gets in the way of projects for all of us, gets worse as you get older , so don't feel bad. You still have it, that's what's most important. I've had a few friends locally text me a pic of your fender flares last couple of years, YEA , I know who that is.:roll:
Hoping to get back to mine soon, started doing actual widebody rear early this year with 69 charger upper quarters before stopping, see flicker link if ya hadn't seen yet.
As you know, ambitious projects get you deep into trouble time wise..
Lol my terrible attempt at flares. Been thinking of buying a set of flares from clinches and changing up my wheels. And that's awesome I love seeing pics of my elco getting around. I'll deff check out your flares. I love the idea of it man.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Hey, just like no one else has some of my mods, Hadn't really seen anyone else yet with flares like yours. Even if they ain't perfect, their a known stand out in the crowd. Many people look up to that stuff. Best I can see from pics, they aren't beyond a little more metal work & some good bodywork making them paint ready.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
Hey, just like no one else has some of my mods, Hadn't really seen anyone else yet with flares like yours. Even if they ain't perfect, their a known stand out in the crowd. Many people look up to that stuff. Best I can see from pics, they aren't beyond a little more metal work & some good bodywork making them paint ready.
That's a really good point man thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor