1979 El Camino Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevymalibu283

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2013
is that a stock grille or did you make that yourself? You have a very cool ride! Love the flat black look.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
so just a few updates. just installed a yukon posi unit and richmond gears so no more one wheel peel. also picked up a trick flow cover

then i rigged up my own $4 cowl induction air cleaner. i used a cheap wallmart pizza pan, some aluminum flashing i had laying around and an old trunk seal. seems to work good.

and the last thing is my custom trailer hitch shift knob. fits great in my hand and didnt cost me anything

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
reopened! thx mods!

Reactions: 2 users

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
Thanks for unlocking it guys! I know it's been forever since I've posted and I just havnt really been working on the elco. Even considered selling it but I decided to keep it for good. I need a new exhaust that isn't hacked together by me, to rebuild the rear end that I already blew up, install the edelctock aluminum heads I got and get it running good again.was just at the Carlisle national car show in PA and picked up this stainless pypes exhaust and some stainless tips for around $200. Still need anot her section but I'm just going to dump it before the rear tires out the side.

Attachments

• 20170421_233500.jpg
    20170421_233500.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 214
Reactions: 3 users

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
Full size pic of the exhaust. Also picked up a hurst quarter stick shifter. I need to go through a set of aluminum edelctock heads I had picked up a while back and slap those on.

Last edited:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Glad you posted some updates! Love the trailer ball shifter handle!

• Creative
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor