1979 grand prix 9000 miles. FOR SALE THIS WEEK ONLY!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I think you would be better off keeping it for a while longer. I am pretty sure these cars will be going up in value a 5 or 10 years maybe. There is not many gbodys out their with that extremely low mileage. Just keep it preserved for as long as you can, it should be worth it.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Somebody sure loved the color green! Anyhow, my best guess is around $10,000 which I come by from seeing two low mileage G bodies at a show being sold by a dealer for around that much. You will probably take a bit of a hit because of the color as most people will not like it. Plus, with this car, originality is the main selling point so the buyer will not want to rip it apart and change it. Then again, you may get lucky and find someone who loves lima bean green and wants it because of the color.

1979grandprix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2008
moline IL
thanks for the info guys. the green grows on you if you look at it. we detailed the engine some, but not alot, trying to keep it orig. my guess was 10k. maybe we will try ebay soon and see what it brings. it is a beautiful low miles car.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
Call Jay Leno or send him an E-Mail. He is a big car buff and has lots of money. There is nothing that guy doesn't like. If you put it on E-bay are you going to put a $10,000 reserve? I would.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
have you checked ebay recently just to see what to expect? maybe an antique trader or some other service that is not so generic would be better

GregonVI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, B.C.
I have the same car here with the same colours, even has the wires but is not as nice a shape as yours.
I bought mine because a friend was selling it and I counldn't pass the deal up. I am thinking on doing a colour change but my wife says that she doesn't mind the green so we will see.

You have a very nice car.

Greg

1979grandprix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2008
moline IL
Went to its first cruise in, got alot of people asking questions and looking at it. no one could believe the miles or condition. believe it or not alot liked the color. green must be the new thing, alot of 70's green cars same colorish at the show. show had around 550 cars or so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor