1980 cutlass stolen in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Would someone take a car that pristine to the scrap yard though? The car was beyond beautiful with a gorgeous motor inside.. car just super clean ...I don’t see someone scrapping that car. There is no record of it being scrapped or sold at an auction.. the police don’t have it in their impound. Im beyond furious. I think it’s sitting in someone back yard somewhere.. waiting it out maybe..
In the 25+ years Ive been looking for gold in salvage yards there have been very nice cars scrapped for various reasons, a dirt track buddy of mine was given a mint mid 80's Regal just because they didnt want to drive it anymore. Long story short most people still see late A body and G Bodys as just old cars.

Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Would someone take a car that pristine to the scrap yard though? The car was beyond beautiful with a gorgeous motor inside.. car just super clean ...I don’t see someone scrapping that car. There is no record of it being scrapped or sold at an auction.. the police don’t have it in their impound. Im beyond furious. I think it’s sitting in someone back yard somewhere.. waiting it out maybe..
IF it went down this way, the scrapper realized that this car would put more money in his pocket, so he pulls the motor, interior, wheels, etc, then scraps the the body and chassis to get rid of the evidence. There will be no record of it being scrapped, without surrendering a title. The police have no record of a tow, because the tow truck driver / scrapper is dirty, and not reporting the tow. This type of "crime" is actually very easy to get away with.

• Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
5 pages and no pictures or indication the police were notified a car was stolen.... :popcorn:

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It could all be conjecture as far as we know. :unsure: Was the car at least reported stolen?
I know if it was my car, I wouldn't be sitting on my hands, I'd be out there trying to get leads, etc.

• Agree

sandsstorm13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2017
Summerville, South Carolina
Does anyone know how someone can make a car disappear?? My 1980 midnight blue cutlass was sold by a woman when I was out of town .. not sure if she sold it to a tow truck company or what. Interior was beautiful w a 350 motor. Car clearly not a junk car and almost completely restored. Not sure where else to look for my car! So ticked
Really sucks to hear another gear head loose their ride like this! Back in 2018 I woke up to look out the window to see my 88' Cutty not parked where I left her. I'm beyond relieved that they found her the next day, but the stress almost killed me. I'm still trying to piece her back together to make her road worthy. I do hope that you can trace your car down. Sucks that it was almost fully restored before this happened to you.

MadMonte

Greasemonkey
Apr 18, 2015
York, Pa
ive read through all 5 pages and this whole story just seems fishy to me. if my G was stolen i would have given much more detailed description of the full story, addresses, police info, pictures etc.. I hate to be "that" person but we need more info if this is in fact a legit event. Everyone here including myself would love to help you get your ride back but you have to help us help you!

Reactions: 5 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Some folks just like the attention. Hell 5 pages is more than most legitimate build threads on this site.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor