1980 Grand Prix LS swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
That's a sharp looking Grand Prix and T-tops to boot. Very rare car. Sooo hard to find a clean G-body anything let alone T-tops. The LS is the way to go, drive it anywhere plus power. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

Winkernod

Greasemonkey
Sep 13, 2018
London Ontario
That's a sharp looking Grand Prix and T-tops to boot. Very rare car. Sooo hard to find a clean G-body anything let alone T-tops. The LS is the way to go, drive it anywhere plus power. Good luck.
Thank you I do feel very fortunate to have found this car. With the LS it is a pleasure to drive, smooth, efficient and enough power to get me in trouble any time I want to.

Reactions: 2 users

G.P.

Apprentice
Sep 21, 2019
MAGA North
We can smell our own. 1. Oiled under-carriage (it is a very Canuck thing). 2. The way you write (works in junkyard, has the spelling and grammar of a teacher). Your engine crane looks like a Crappy Tire special (I have the same one) 4. The speedo goes to 140... and that ain't in MPH (this was the dead giveaway).
*puts up hand* Also have this crane.

mine wasnt so un rusty. Be happy its was exon valdezed.
swapped a 5.3 into a friends fbody and now im "That ls guy" where i come from. you will be too :banana:

Reactions: 1 user

Winkernod

Greasemonkey
Sep 13, 2018
London Ontario
Well now that the summer has officially left us and I have things to do to the Grand Prix I have put it in the shop for the next few months. (I didn't say the "w" word). I have had a lot of fun over the summer as a daily driver and the occasional black line painter. I have created quite a long laundry list of things to do over the next while. I started with stripping out the interior to replace the stained /faded carpet and this is what I found

IMG_2474.JPG
IMG_2475.JPG

IMG_2476.JPG

This was a very good surprise to me even though I knew it was a clean car. This third pic shows where the critters sewer system ended up in their condo complex.

So now for some cleanup and paint to seal it and i think I will put down some butyl sound deadener then the carpet

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor