1980 Malibu classic landau chev SB 267 vacuum routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glesnak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2020
wabamun,Alberta Canada
Back to basics. Suck, squeeze bang blow all in right order

im 40 years old have never heard that one, only when people spoke of my ex wife lol

shes getting fuel. compression seems to be there, isnt that why she backfires? valves seem to be valving.... exhaust is a little blue. i forgot that she was blowing oil back up thru the carb last week,

can you please elaborate? thank you

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
First, make sure it is in time. Bring up #1 compression stroke and see if rotor is pointing to #1 plug wire. Make sure of plug wire routing. Pull the plugs and see what they look like. Gapped properly. Take a gas sample. Fresh? water? junk? It sounds like you have spark but be sure. Plug condition will tell you if to rich or lean

Glesnak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2020
wabamun,Alberta Canada
First, make sure it is in time. Bring up #1 compression stroke and see if rotor is pointing to #1 plug wire. Make sure of plug wire routing. Pull the plugs and see what they look like. Gapped properly. Take a gas sample. Fresh? water? junk? It sounds like you have spark but be sure. Plug condition will tell you if to rich or lean
Thanks man. It's crappy outside today, doing the mother's Day thing, I'll check her tomorrow. Timing is the key lol the fuel is fresh, never flushed though. Ran seafoam in her, thanks man

Glesnak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2020
wabamun,Alberta Canada
Hi guys, messed around with timing got er running again. Then she stalled and battery died . Anyhoo she looks like she needs dis cap, rotor, wires plugs battery . I'll continue to putts around on her. Thanks for all your help!I'm sure something else will pop up that I'll need help with thanks again

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor