1980 MALIBU CLASSIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Did you weld the spoiler directly to the deck lid? I’m digging the nascar-ish look of it.

Not to hijack the thread, but my Malibu project is going through the non-sexy portion of the build - body steel work, wire harness build, heater box resto, and the pic below shows one of my 3 finalists for paint. Look familiar? Seeing yours is motivation to keep moving on mine. :friday:

F11BCD51-1D7E-453E-9E0E-76FE1B468385.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

Malibu40

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 1, 2019
I spot welded it to the lid sir. Done the rest wit body filler...
Love that resto look. I got the idea from the monte carlo stripes. I never seen 1 with the strip on the side. Got it out the paint shop it looked plain. To me the strip on the sides gave it more character .

Hope to see some pics of yours also. Especially when finished. MALIBU 4 LIFE[emoji3526]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

Malibu40

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 1, 2019
Thank you again for sharing the pics of your Malibu....it's much appreciated. It's certainly different (and unique) than any other Malibu I've come across.

Is the rear spoiler a sort of copy of the M80 type piece? It looks stunning. (y)
Yes a cross between the M80 and the monte spoiler. A trial. But thanks it took some time to get it straight. Had to use a 1/4 round round for stiffness and girth

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yes a cross between the M80 and the monte spoiler. A trial. But thanks it took some time to get it straight. Had to use a 1/4 round round for stiffness and girth

However you accomplished it, it was well executed. I also see the likeness to the Monte SS spoiler as well. If my memory serves me right, the M80 spoiler is a little larger and more forward.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Did you weld the spoiler directly to the deck lid? I’m digging the nascar-ish look of it.

Not to hijack the thread, but my Malibu project is going through the non-sexy portion of the build - body steel work, wire harness build, heater box resto, and the pic below shows one of my 3 finalists for paint. Look familiar? Seeing yours is motivation to keep moving on mine. :friday:

View attachment 124914
Wow!! That's a nice rendering. At first I thought it was the same car featured in this thread. I guess due to a similar color scheme. That should look sweet.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Malibu40

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 1, 2019
Wow!! That's a nice rendering. At first I thought it was the same car featured in this thread. I guess due to a similar color scheme. That should look sweet.
Lol.... I never saw that picture. But really kool to know someone had the same idea. Ones on paper. The other is in my yard[emoji3526]. But all of the Malibu's are unique with everyone's preference... I honestly prefer the Malibu cause is not that many left. Parts are hard to find. You have to put lots of thought into resources.

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
Great looking car ! i like the way you blacked out the grill , really set,s the car off !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor