1980 malibu newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Im in San Antonio and i think i finally figured out where that trunk spoiler came from... and its a factory peice, it came from an '85-'86 olds 442, mystery solved.

My plans..... get the driver side fender and door replaced, fix the small dent in the rear quarter panel(bottom right, opposite the door), try to match the paint back up and im going with a 383sbc/th350 combo for starters, keep the paint scheme(for now), fix up the interere and clean up the wiring everywhere, factory proper, thats me!

Just got the 411 from the previous owner.... it did in fact used to belong to Patrick McKinney

Last edited:

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
UPDATE.... sorry to say, i've sold the car off and decided to go after another malibu at a later date, but im in hurry, another will come along when i least expect it.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome.

Doug

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Welcome aboard Ernest.
That sure as hell looks like Pat's old car...that was my first impression. It also looks like it was time for a new owner to give it the love and attention that it needs.

Hey everyone! Sorry for the long absense. Life has thrown many curveballs.

Yes I built that car from d*** near scratch and know everything about it. I sold it back in 2011-2012 while I was going through college and just could not afford to keep her (picked up a rod knock). I followed it online when an old friend spotted her on an insurance lot website. I sold it to these two hispanic guys and by the looks of it, they trashed it like it was dukes of hazzard. The photos I saw of it on the insurance lot killed me inside!

And no that is not a 442 wing, it is a firebird wing. Whomever you bought it from lied, I'm the one that put the wing on and my father and I did the paint job in 07'.

Last edited:

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
If you google my username and malibu, you will see tons of pictures of it through the years I owned it. That car was show quality and the attention to detail was very evident. Unfortunately, if I was the last one to pop up as an owner, then that means the two guys never registered the car, wrecked it, couldn't prove it was theirs when it went into the wrecker yard, and ended up at the insurance lot.

Ernest, if you have the information of the new owner, please let me know. I wish you would have kept it as I'm still living in San Antonio. That car has more work, money, blood/sweat, and parts into it then you know lol

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Welcome back PAT... to be honest, it was for financial reasons that the car ended up being sold.

I wanted it to be the last hotrod i ever planned on owning, as it had a great foundation, and as complete as i was probably was ever going to be satisfied with, luckily there wasnt any frame damage from the hit, i would have had that car back up and running on the road at least a year later.

One day i'll fine another '78-'80 in great shape, but i'll want it running and inspectable this time and as complete as possible so i'll have an even better foundation to buid apon.

Unfortunately, i dont have the new owners info... but he is supposed to contact me when its up and running, i'll let you know by then i hop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor