LS BACKING PLATES

1632420936875.png

1632420943400.png

Reactions: 2 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Looks good! Ive heard good things about Tucson Differential but never had them do any work for me. Looks like they cleaned it up nicely.

Reactions: 1 user

80/MALIBU/COUPE

Greasemonkey
Feb 17, 2021
TUCSON AZ
Looks good! Ive heard good things about Tucson Differential but never had them do any work for me. Looks like they cleaned it up nicely.
yea i asked several people in the area about diffs and everyone said tucson diff, for the record i modified the flanges did the plate install fully stripped and painted it . gave him and painted and empty housing and all the parts to be put together.

Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I agree that 3" studs on the front a little overkill.

I have to give you credit and a warning. You've made that 7.5 the strongest possible 7.5 you can build (I have one like that in the basement lol), but a man has to know his rear end's limitation. 500+WHP (600 or so crank) and a sticky tire on the track will find the weak links - pinion bearings and not enough ring gear 'meat'. But 500 crank HP will never break that rear.

Keep up the good work - I really like the brake setups.

80/MALIBU/COUPE

Greasemonkey
Feb 17, 2021
TUCSON AZ
Thanks and thats awesome to know it will be able to take a lil bit of a beating when i find an open parking lot for some doughnuts and or try getting tire marks across the intersection for now lol

and yea i already ordered shorter studs

I agree that 3" studs on the front a little overkill.

I have to give you credit and a warning. You've made that 7.5 the strongest possible 7.5 you can build (I have one like that in the basement lol), but a man has to know his rear end's limitation. 500+WHP (600 or so crank) and a sticky tire on the track will find the weak links - pinion bearings and not enough ring gear 'meat'. But 500 crank HP will never break that rear.

Keep up the good work - I really like the brake setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor