I have a 1980 two door Malibu v6 With
Three Speed in floor with low mileage
I was wondering how many of them
Where made

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
If your Malibu was originally titled and sold in Canada, you can write to Vintage Vehicle Services in Oshawa Ontario, and get figures from them. If it was originally titled and sold in the States, that will be more difficult. There is a Facebook group called the Manual Transmission G Body Registry-Factory 3&4 speed 78-81 A/G body, that you could try. Good luck with your search.

Reactions: 1 user

Michaelsaunders2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 15, 2022
If your Malibu was originally titled and sold in Canada, you can write to Vintage Vehicle Services in Oshawa Ontario, and get figures from them. If it was originally titled and sold in the States, that will be more difficult. There is a Facebook group called the Manual Transmission G Body Registry-Factory 3&4 speed 78-81 A/G body, that you could try. Good luck with your search.
Thanks

newmexguy

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2021
Las Cruces NM 88005
Believe the second poster was trying to say if the car in question was Built in CANADA then original documentation could be acquired from GM Canada. Meaning most likely, built at the Oshawa Ontario plant. US records were lost in a fire or destroyed.

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
Not sure about 3 speed, but have seen the 124 / 4 speeds for Canada 1980 model year, and 202 for U S A . The Iraq taxi thing will probably make the numbers pretty high for 3 speed , as I believe they were all V6- 3speed manual .

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
There were 25,000 Iraqi taxis built at the Oshawa plant in Ontario. They were 4 door cars, and were 1981 only. I've owned 3 of them over the years, and I now have a 1980 2 door Malibu, that's a factory 305/4 speed car.
As for Vintage Vehicle Services only having records for cars built in Canada, I don't believe that's correct. If a GM car was built in the states, but originally shipped to a dealer in Canada when new, and was sold new through a GM dealer in Canada, then they should have records for it. There is a member here who has a 1980 V8/4 speed Malibu, that was built in Oshawa, but was sold new at a dealership in the States, so new vehicles were shipped across the border in both directions.

Michaelsaunders2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 15, 2022
I was told they where only 68 of them
of them built I just trying to figure out what the car is worth it’s in real good condition original paint no rust original interior dash is cracked got one ordered all paperwork from carriage, Chevrolet Newton, North Carolina, which is now Earnhardt Chevrolet

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Andy Constantine has the numbers from GM Heritage. There were 6,836 Malibus with the MM3 3 speed in 1980. They do not differential between body styles or between base Malibu and Malibu Classic.
GM Heritage only has numbers for the Chevrolets. They are not able to provide numbers for any of the other 78-81 A bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor