1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
what did you install to limit the steering?

Welded on some 3/8" rod to the bracket that connects to the LCA and bumps into the spindle at full lock.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I did the same thing but with a bolt and two nuts. I have that patented so you owe me some $$$$$.....:p

I don't want to hear about your little nuts and bolt. :D

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Sorry Mike I know nothing of what you speak that's why I have so many carberetors lol

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Is there a way to log the output on the MAF?

Yes, and I do. Frequency (Hz), g/cyl, g/sec, calculated dynamic air, etc.

That is why I was saying something is wonky - because comparing datalogs a month apart showed an obvious change in Mass Air Flow.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Mike, my buddy with the ZR1 has recently switched to speed density for similar problems. It had a light throttle buck that no one could tune out with it being MAF.

The car runs as well as it ever has even with this issue. It just goes lean. I actually converted it to a MAF/SD OS to improve the driveability last year. I will try setting it back to SD-only to see if it improves any.

Oh, and the cold front we just had move - well it had no effect on the situation.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor