1981 ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT CaliforniaEdition

Status
Not open for further replies.
kuruption109 said:
elco is coming together real nice keep up the good work!
Thanks man ,Wish I was closer I got a civic I would sell you for the low,Im ready to see some more updates on tha RUNT,and I know its hard to get these cars rright while u drivin them daily,Im gonna cop a 81 elco next with a 6clc and 3sp manual on the floor a old mans holdin out tryin to get $1800.

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
kuruption109 said:
elco is coming together real nice keep up the good work!
Thanks man ,Wish I was closer I got a civic I would sell you for the low,Im ready to see some more updates on tha RUNT,and I know its hard to get these cars rright while u drivin them daily,Im gonna cop a 81 elco next with a 6clc and 3sp manual on the floor a old mans holdin out tryin to get $1800.
dats coo.. yea i been lookin for another gbody for cheap running but no luck lately

Got my gaskets today started boltn things down comein together.Next week hope to have carb fuel and other lines ran ,belts.spent 2 hhours on a cherokee couldnt get the steering shaft to colaspe :evil: oily for nothing, gonna head back tomorrow with a sledge hammer and grab a new master cyclinder so we gettin there slowly but shorley...Till next time be easy..
enginepaint010.jpg
enginepaint009.jpg
enginepaint007.jpg
enginepaint005.jpg
enginepaint003.jpg

If your not going to be using the computer, and smog stuff, I'd like to know how your wiring the car and what you do with all the connections in the wiring harness you wont be using anymore and which ones you do use to make all the gauges work. I'm going through my first engine swap so that wiring is still scary to me

richp85elco said:
If your not going to be using the computer, and smog stuff, I'd like to know how your wiring the car and what you do with all the connections in the wiring harness you wont be using anymore and which ones you do use to make all the gauges work. I'm going through my first engine swap so that wiring is still scary to me
Im pretty much just putting things back like they were,for whats not needed you just gotta go threw whats not connected wants you get it started,really not to electrical savvy my self...

Should have her fired back up this weekend hopefully keepin my fingers crossed,wanted to do a small update let yall know im still getting it in just kinda slowly.Well a buddy of mine made me a a/c delete plate not bad for 30 mins of work and a piece of metal laying around.Its up there for fitting still gonna paint it .Then being in Nascar country i didnt know alot of these circle track guys get these montes and malibus and strip them down and basically throw the doors and front ends away,well got two malibu doors with power locks for $30 bucks 😀 😀 😀 .Needed a driver door bad mine rusted out.Well be back this weekend with more updates peace...D.J.
Photo-0988.jpg
Photo-0975.jpg
Photo-0977.jpg
Photo-0964.jpg
Photo-0980.jpg

SUPER CLEAN BRAH!!!! U coming togther fast brah...keep up the good work...what kinda headers are you going to put?

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
SUPER CLEAN BRAH!!!! U coming togther fast brah...keep up the good work...what kinda headers are you going to put?
Thanks,for headers i got some used flowtechs that need to be sanded and some hi-temp paint on them,but im still kinda thinkn of ordern a new set already coated ,plus i got a buddy got a set of headers that I need to swing byand pickup for test fitting so I will know something by this weekend what route im going header wise...

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Thanks,for headers i got some used flowtechs that need to be sanded and some hi-temp paint on them,but im still kinda thinkn of ordern a new set already coated ,plus i got a buddy got a set of headers that I need to swing byand pickup for test fitting so I will know something by this weekend what route im going header wise...

Kool, yea i got those flowtech headers, ck them out on my thread. going to install them on Saturday on jack in my drive way, buddy of mine is going to bring a jigsaw and we cutting away...but looks good bro, and i think flowtech it the best way to go..

Finnally got my engine started after almost 2months of being down she sounds beautiful ,havent got my exhaust ran so with just the headers she soundin like a beast.Still gotta take these headers of and get the rust of and send them to get jet-hot coated there on now just for start up.Sorry for the pics m y kodak done broke and my phone has a shitty camera cant send vidoe but wont to post somethin.Im still not finished still gotta wire my elec fan,change the rubber lines out for my still braided lines,get a air cleaner,do some touch up painting,billet wire looms ect,ect but its the small stuff i will keep you all updaate with engine pics but in a nother week and a haalf im on to suspension,new upper a-arms,new shocks and springs all around fr&rr f41 sway bars and coating the whole bottom frame im thinkn por-15.Gonna go through rockauto.com for most my parts guy at work put me up on that site really good pricess on parts.well till next time be easy ang keep it G.
Photo-1007.jpg

Photo-1008.jpg

Photo-1012.jpg

Photo-1013.jpg

Photo-1014.jpg

Also bolted up a trans cooler i grab out a roadmaster didnt need to drill the elco already had the hole like it was made to be there.
Photo-1016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor