1981 Monte Carlo project

Status
Not open for further replies.

street sweeper

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2017
Central Indiana
3D73259C-3DFB-4473-8FCF-E7FC4339538F.jpeg

Rewired my Taurus/Tbird fan, tried to clean and tuck the wiring as best I could. I need a distribution block and a relay bank to really clean it up. cleaned and installed my coolant reservoir since it’s better than the milk jug that was being utilized.

Reactions: 2 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
An idea for you - I made a radiator top plate that cleaned things up and kept it rubber mounted.

IMG_5727.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

street sweeper

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2017
Central Indiana
This has come a long way really fast! Looking great!
Thank you sir. Took it out for a drive last night, my first real road test since ive purchased it. Current problem to address is after everything is hot i have 0 oil pressure reading at idle, but as soon as the RPM goes up at all i get pressure back...

street sweeper

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2017
Central Indiana
so upon doing some research I am hoping that a cheap oil filter is the culprit for my low oil pressure at warm idle. I will be changing the filter Monday. Also got some info from the previous owner and will update the first post with specifics.

Reactions: 1 user

street sweeper

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2017
Central Indiana
Sounds good! How's it sound at cruising speed? Any resonant rpm zones?
i haven't gotten that many miles on it, plus right now i have two holes in my floor and no carpet... so my perception of it so isnt super comparable. Plus my car has 3.43 gears and no OD on a 26" tire, so im turning some rpm above 50 mph. Its just a massive improvement over the no muffler 3" side pipes i had on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor