1982 Monte E85 Blow Thru Procharged SBC Build *PICS and VIDS ADDED***RUNNING***

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Avoid the EV1's. They are not the same as the shorter 210's with EV6 connector.

The hats with the screens are needed. They kill two birds with one stone. The 210 are shorter than every other injector available, but the screen/filter hats make them a more reasonable height.

Whomever you buy the injectors from should be able to supply you with the hats. It was put to me to get the hats from whomever you get the injectors from so that if you ever have to warranty them, it will be understood that you ran the correct filters. But I have to say that I've not heard of anyone needing to warranty a genuine Bosch 210.

I believe the hat filters were never a factory Bosch deal because these injectors were never meant to have gas or E85 run through them, only natural gas and propane. So the aftermarket took over with the hats.

I know I wish I would've went with these injectors earlier than I did. But this cheap SOB tried to save $250. I saved it for a bout 6 months, then spent the $250 + $550 on top. Live an learn.

Reactions: 1 user

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Avoid the EV1's. They are not the same as the shorter 210's with EV6 connector.

The hats with the screens are needed. They kill two birds with one stone. The 210 are shorter than every other injector available, but the screen/filter hats make them a more reasonable height.

Whomever you buy the injectors from should be able to supply you with the hats. It was put to me to get the hats from whomever you get the injectors from so that if you ever have to warranty them, it will be understood that you ran the correct filters. But I have to say that I've not heard of anyone needing to warranty a genuine Bosch 210.

I believe the hat filters were never a factory Bosch deal because these injectors were never meant to have gas or E85 run through them, only natural gas and propane. So the aftermarket took over with the hats.

I know I wish I would've went with these injectors earlier than I did. But this cheap SOB tried to save $250. I saved it for a bout 6 months, then spent the $250 + $550 on top. Live an learn.
Where did you hear the 48mm ev1 injectors are any different?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Where did you hear the 48mm ev1 injectors are any different?
I don't recall. But I read it somewhere and then found it online that the EV1 was never offered as a stock inj at the 37mm or any other injector height. I saw it on YB as well. That implied to me that this was not the same injector that was originally a stock injector that was in mass production for a decade+.

To me, the reason that a budget, stock injector is reliable is because it was mass produced. That logic added up to me. Kinda like the same as with a stock Siemens Deka 80 mm inj. If you are on gas and sub 900hp, then I can't find any reason to use anything other than a genuine Siemens Deka 80 - cheap and reliable.

I have not been able to find where an EV1 210 was ever used or manufactured in mass production.

Why do you ask? Do you want to use EV1 connectors?

edit - I have a set of +1 of SEP 1500's that I'll give you as long as you don't sue me for damage they cause. They've been to Hawaii twice on my dime - f that lyin' a-hole.

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
I don't recall. But I read it somewhere and then found it online that the EV1 was never offered as a stock inj at the 37mm or any other injector height. I saw it on YB as well. That implied to me that this was not the same injector that was originally a stock injector that was in mass production for a decade+.

To me, the reason that a budget, stock injector is reliable is because it was mass produced. That logic added up to me. Kinda like the same as with a stock Siemens Deka 80 mm inj. If you are on gas and sub 900hp, then I can't find any reason to use anything other than a genuine Siemens Deka 80 - cheap and reliable.

I have not been able to find where an EV1 210 was ever used or manufactured in mass production.

Why do you ask? Do you want to use EV1 connectors?

edit - I have a set of +1 of SEP 1500's that I'll give you as long as you don't sue me for damage they cause. They've been to Hawaii twice on my dime - f that lyin' a-hole.
As far as I have been told the EV1 bosch injectors are same quality and performance as the ev6 style. Maybe confusion came from people looking for fakes on ebay, but the EV1 are genuine from bosch. My harness has EV1 connectors, plus the EV6 bosch are so short they can be tough to use with aftermarket rails without extenders.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The guy that ordered my harness ordered me one for EV3 injectors. So when it showed up I was somewhat bummed out about it. But I spliced in EV1 connectors from DIYautotune (they are quality harnesses.) When I swapped to the 210's I put on the adapter harnesses - EV1 to EV6.

So I have spliced in EV1 connectors and have adapter harnesses attached to them. I've had zero issues and I'm not worried about cutting and splicing harness again. I intend to splice the EV6 harness so that it will be a cleaner look. But it's for looks only.

As I mentioned previously about the extenders, you need a filter anyway, so it's not a deal breaker of any kind. And installing spacers on the rail to rail to .100-.200" is not an issue either. FWIW, I don't think it will matter what connector you have as long as you have genuine Bosch injectors.

Regarding the genuine Bosch's and flow matching, I was told by the guy that I bought mine from that he flow matches for them either $100 or 120 a set, but if they are flow matched then the Bosch seal is broken so that you can't be sure if they are genuine on Bosch's website. And his his flow matching/testing he has less than 2 or 3% difference from any of the Bosch's. He recommended against it unless you have a motor that you money invested in. - but I know you have some money in your motor.

Give him a call.

Also, do you know of anyone else running these with a Fueltech? I'm asking because these are a whacky injector in terms of resistance/impedance. They will have a resistance of about 9 ohms which is not the normal for either a high or low impedance injector. Holley can cover this. Megasquirt required something different than a usual high (12 ohm) or low (2.5-4 ohm) impedance driver.

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
The guy that ordered my harness ordered me one for EV3 injectors. So when it showed up I was somewhat bummed out about it. But I spliced in EV1 connectors from DIYautotune (they are quality harnesses.) When I swapped to the 210's I put on the adapter harnesses - EV1 to EV6.

So I have spliced in EV1 connectors and have adapter harnesses attached to them. I've had zero issues and I'm not worried about cutting and splicing harness again. I intend to splice the EV6 harness so that it will be a cleaner look. But it's for looks only.

As I mentioned previously about the extenders, you need a filter anyway, so it's not a deal breaker of any kind. And installing spacers on the rail to rail to .100-.200" is not an issue either. FWIW, I don't think it will matter what connector you have as long as you have genuine Bosch injectors.

Regarding the genuine Bosch's and flow matching, I was told by the guy that I bought mine from that he flow matches for them either $100 or 120 a set, but if they are flow matched then the Bosch seal is broken so that you can't be sure if they are genuine on Bosch's website. And his his flow matching/testing he has less than 2 or 3% difference from any of the Bosch's. He recommended against it unless you have a motor that you money invested in. - but I know you have some money in your motor.

Give him a call.

Also, do you know of anyone else running these with a Fueltech? I'm asking because these are a whacky injector in terms of resistance/impedance. They will have a resistance of about 9 ohms which is not the normal for either a high or low impedance injector. Holley can cover this. Megasquirt required something different than a usual high (12 ohm) or low (2.5-4 ohm) impedance driver.
My buddy just got a set of 210s... I am 99% sure they were just Bosch 210s that they sold as their own. I will check with him, but as far as I can tell I think they are doing fine.

FT site sells 3 different peak and hold drivers. This is what it says on their site

High Impedance Injectors - Above 7ohms - No Peak and Hold Boxes are needed.
Peak and Hold 2A - 3ohms to 7ohms (Bosch 160lb/hr).
Peak and Hold 4A - Below 3ohms to 1.5ohms.
Peak and Hold 8A - Below 1.5ohms (FT Injector, Billet Atomizer*).

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor