1982 Monte E85 Blow Thru Procharged SBC Build *PICS and VIDS ADDED***RUNNING***

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
I’d take that an indicator that your Procharger makes heat at low or no boost, but the intercooler overcomes that as the pressure increases.

I’m guessing it’s the non China intercooler advantage lol. Dang, I need one of those.

How hard have you ran it? Any track plans soon?
I think at cruise, with such little air going thru the intake pipe it slowly just heats up to underhood Temps. The radiator fan is literally blowing hot radiator air right on it. With such little air movement the temp sensor is probably heat soaked and not a good indicator of actual air Temps, because everytime I stab it, even if it's not a long pull, I see iat drop. Sensor is just probably cooling down with all the 80f-100f going by it. If the iat were really that high I would think it would read that basically right away when I start driving the car.

I am currently spinning the blower to. Max rpms. Not sure I'll be going to the track till it cools down a bit, but I might go to the dyno next week.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I wouldn’t have any concern until you see 160-180. Then you have to start pulling timing at cruise, and that sucks. But 120-140 is normal for an LSA during slow speed driving. I think you in a comparative situation to an LSA in terms of IAT’s.

I agree that once the air flow picks up it cools off your engine bay and also helps with the heat soak.

No matter, It sounds as close to ideal as you can get to me.

Reactions: 1 users

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
I wouldn’t have any concern until you see 160-180. Then you have to start pulling timing at cruise, and that sucks. But 120-140 is normal for an LSA during slow speed driving. I think you in a comparative situation to an LSA in terms of IAT’s.

I agree that once the air flow picks up it cools off your engine bay and also helps with the heat soak.

No matter, It sounds as close to ideal as you can get to me.
I'm sure my actual iats are almost ambient. I keep adding timing at cruise and it likes it, so far up around 41* at cruise.

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
I am tuning my cousins turbo sbf foxbody. Its also on FT550 and E85. At the track today it was using just over 1400lb/hr at 21psi of boost lol.

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Car is still alive and well lol. I hvent been able to get to the track so far this year. Trying to get there in October. Been driving the car around a bit. Most of the tuning is done. I had an extra 0-25psi pressure sensor so I stuck right after the blower so I could see boost drop from the right after the blower to the intake.

Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Car is still alive and well lol. I hvent been able to get to the track so far this year. Trying to get there in October. Been driving the car around a bit. Most of the tuning is done. I had an extra 0-25psi pressure sensor so I stuck right after the blower so I could see boost drop from the right after the blower to the intake.
We are gonna need screen shots and data when this thing his the track.

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Kansas is just south of South Dakota. Offer me that 8.5 and I'd rented a truck and made the run; I-35 35 to I-90 as far as Sioux Falls and turn left, then head south.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Almost done installing my window net. It was a little tricky because I have a driverside swing out that I remove on the street, so I had to figure a way to make the window net removable. Also I can barely tig weld. And I can only barely tig weld on a bench, forget about welding out of position lol. Everything is tacked up, I need someone to final weld it for me soon.
I used a RaceQuip mounting kit and net. I tacked the front and rear tabs on the best I could.
Forbthe bottom rod in order to make it removable I made the back of it bolt to a tb on the main hoop cross bar, then I bent the rod so that the net fit well and made the front of the rod go thru a hole in a tab I welded on the door bar. That way once the front is in the hole in the tab and the rear is bolted to the crossbar it is "permanent". Then to take the door bar out I just u bolt it and slide the rod nout of the front and I can remove the whole thing.
1002222046.jpg

1002222045a.jpg

1006220019.jpg

1006220020a.jpg

1006220021a.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Headed to Atco for a rental yesterday. First time since I went to Fueltech. Couldnt go any faster. Went 9.7@136 off the trailer. Then 9.5@139, 11.00@139 blew the tires off and then thru the water pump/alt belt off 7seconds into the run. Car was at 225F on the return road when I shut it down. Belt was jammed in the engine bay so I was able to put it back on and add some water back. Last pass was a 9.49@140 with a personal best 1.32 60'.

The leave was honestly text book for a radial car. This car only has 8" wide rims in the back and it has full size wheels in the front with 215s. You can hear my cousin say sarcastically "this should be a fair race".... the car in the next lane was a top sportsman corvette lol.

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor