EdontheBeach said:
pick up the august Super Chevy mag - Brian and Josh both are in it

That's cool! 8) Local boys make good... :lol:

Josh Hanna

Greasemonkey
Feb 3, 2013
Coral Spings FL
EdontheBeach said:
page 90 and page 92 (i'm on page 90 also)
wow in the mag? i have to get one...thanks man how have you been?

Gbody

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2011
California
this thread makes me miss my wagon.. shes a beauty btw

GRIFF442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
Well have not gotten around to updating this thread in awhile, but will download some fresh pics to photobucket this weekend and get it updated.

The short version is that I got the wagon mostly done (exterior and driveline) to take to Super Chevy in WPB and Ed posted some nice pics and video from the show on another thread. We had an awesome time but I noticed I had a pretty bad oil leak I thought was coming from one of the valve covers.......turns out the guy who originally did the machine work on my engine did not hone the cylinders properly so the rings did not seat. Every time I would hit the boost it would force the oil out of the dipstick tube because all of the blowby and right down onto the exhaust.

So the engine had to be pulled back out :( , disassembled, and taken to another machine shop to do it the right way :x . Of course since I had to take it all apart again I did some other upgrades like billet mains and teflon coated the pistons. It has been at the machine shop for almost 2 months and I finally got the call it will be ready early next week.

In the meantime I have been working on the interior of the wagon laying hushmat and wiring the stereo and adding some interior accessories so the wagon will be a comfortable daily driver. I have also been doing some much needed work to by 87 Limited. Anyway will update with some pics next week and hopefully I will be able to get back on the road soon.......

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hi Brian,
Sorry to hear that the rings never seated on your new engine.. You would think a simple procedure like honing the cylinders wouldn't be overlooked. :roll: It sucks that the engine has to be completely disassembled. Well, at least you'll be doing some upgrades while it's apart.

I'm looking forward to your new progress pics. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor