1984 Buick Grand National coming back to life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking Good!

YGspider said:
So in terms of the engine is it all stock? or did you do any performance updates to the Hot air?

yea, got a little sum sum

engine internals are all stock. All the bolt ons are performance upgraded. Many of the electronics I list, as you know affect performance

TT chip
42.5 lb injectors
Adj FPR
Walbro 255 with hot wire
8mm silicone wires
Ported Throttle body
4" big mouth CAI (home made) with 9" k&N
Scanmaster 2.1
Ported exhaust elbow
2.5" atr down pipe
Duttweiler headers
3" RJC racing exhaust
3:43 fresh built posi rear

All this was done as it was going to be needed anyways when I open the engine up.

After I figure out out how all this stuff works and operates and I get a good feeling for the tune we will be doing the following:

Sleeper turbo, open the neck to 65mm to match the throttle body
Ported heads
Ported intake
212 cam
Alcohol injection
Mezerie water pump
Electric fan setup
3000 stall coverter
stage 2 transmission

THis recipe should get me 12 or high 11 s

TTOP are put in this weekend. It took me all weekend to put the moldings in, dry fit the ttop seals, re-work and add locks to my ttops and get everything adjusted to fit correct. It was nice seeing that the tops fit correct after all the fabrication and replacement of everything, The seals fit well and the gbodyparts stainless steel plate kit was very nice to install. Putting the T bar back in was a little chore to put the rivets into the T bar with the seals in the way :x

A peak of the suspension lookin gout on the front 8)

Loved putting this emblem on!

Sweet! Love to see these coming together.

Jim

looks better than what all the general's assembly workers could dream of rolling off the line! top notch work Toby! 8)

marz442 said:
Are the new t top seals from goody.com? I really a set and a set of door sweeps.

yea, got them from gbodyparts as a kit. He builds the kits from the better mfgs so they fit well

Well engine seems to be toast...loud knocking after a 10 mile trip. Cut open the filter...dropped the pan...shavings everywhere. Pulled 3 main caps....doesn't look too bad not too good either. Oh well stay tuned...looks like engine mods are going to come sooner than expected

pics of the bearings....what is odd on the main thrust cap there seems to be wear on the sides from the bolts...or something. Never seen this before

Attachments

• 20140311_173038.jpg
    20140311_173038.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 696
  • 20140311_173127.jpg
    20140311_173127.jpg
    952.5 KB · Views: 684
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor