1984 Buick Grand National coming back to life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Got a chance to spend some time covering the rear seats. THey turned out very very nice

before

after

before

after

installed pictures

making marker marks where the rings were helps determining pleats

Nov 4, 2012
I love Lear Siegler seats! Those will look awesome in your car! It's really coming along Toby!

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
thanks Joe

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
Great project, love seeing your attention to detail

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
joesregalproject said:
I love Lear Siegler seats! Those will look awesome in your car! It's really coming along Toby!

x2

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
More pics of me wrapping the LS seats. This seat back took a bit of learning but its close. Ill be ripping the rings out to put some more foam in the center pads as well as the shoulders. The factory stuff is a little crushed down

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looking good. I saw somewhere offering new foams for these seats I am pretty sure. :?:

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
No seat ins for those but you can modify Monte Carlo buns to work

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
There is a company that makes repro seat foams for the Recaro seat in the early '80s F body cars, but those cars only had the seat with the adjustable knee bolster on the driver's side. I have a pair of the lear seats here in similiar shape. I did some research on thrying to find replacement foams, but struck out. SSbrewskyaz let me know about the replacement foams for the F body seats, but the supplier will sell you a pair of foams, but you only the foam for the adjustable seat for one side. You can probably use the Monte seat foams, and cut the seat bottom foam to work.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
more progress made. Did alot of repair on the mechanics of the drivers seat bottom as well as bun material using a certain type of poly fill made for upohlestry

The seat back was taken back apart to shove more fill into the center seat pads because there is not enough fill. I think I have the seats the way i wanted them to look now.

I cannot decide if I want to put the ash tray in the back. It looks clean without, but not proper without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor