1984 Buick Grand National coming back to life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
great lookin work toby!

O'm on the fence as well about the ash tray... nice clean lines without it, but not proper without it as well...

Nov 4, 2012
Looks awesome Toby! Personally, I'd put the ashtrays back in, I think the chrome dresses up the interior a little. I'm sure whatever you do will look great!

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
yea, just not sure on the ashtray yet. I may even wait till they are installed to see how they look. Once I cut its all over.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I vote to leave the ashtrays out. The seats look great as is.

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012
Toby , Put the ashtray back in! If it came that way put it back. Just my opinion.
Gbarrie.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I think I will hold off on the ash trays for now, can always put them in at a later time.

Here is an actual seat finished with tracks!!! yea! Finally.

The before and after amaze me.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
switched gears a bit.....no pun intended.....lol.......to work on my new 3:42 posi basket case. Ordered a master bearing and seal kit tonight as well as a Moser Alum girdle. This week it gets sent to be setup and all the items installed properly clearanced.

Second thing i did this eve was to replace the control arm bushings. I was able to do this in 15 minutes with this tool, check it out. I am going to post for others in another thread. I have removed these the hard way, and will NEVER go back....this was toooo easy.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
moving along niCEly there toby 8) yeah that h&r parts'n'stuff bushing remover/installer is sweet!!! i ordered mine a couple builds back and it is the bitness :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor