1984 Buick Grand National coming back to life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012
WOW you are one TALENTED DUDE and thats for real :!: Cant wait to see the
finish product.
Gbarrie.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
-83MONTESS- said:
Where did you get those brakelines for the rear or are they custom?

old ones from a car I have parted, painted them and cleared them.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looking good! Spring is coming, get er done!

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
honestly lately my motovation is all the damn parts laying ALL over the house....and my arms hurting like a b*tch at night from sanding and working on these cars for two years. I am ready to sit back drive and enjoy....however something tells me as much as I b*tch about working on them I truly enjoy. Maybe i need a break! :shock:

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
BACK IN BLACK!!

finished the final blocking

laying some rock guard

tomorrow will be taking care of a little fish eye :x and laying a final coat of base coat, then 3 fresh coats of high solids clear coat

overall nice crisp body lines and no sign of where I welded in teh new sheet metal seams.

Catmandoo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2014
Looks phenomenal! Very encouraging and inspiring that you can accomplish that quality of paint and body in your garage. I've tackled some minor body work before and it's come out well but this is at another level altogether. I have been looking at spray guns because of your efforts. Thanks for sharing!

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
thanks for the props. I will encourage anyone that has an inkling of mechanical capability to try. I will encourage if you want to perform this work spend the money on a quality tool. I use all Anest Iwata equipment. In this case I am using 3 different guns. I use a supernova 1.4 for my base, a supernova 1.4 for my clear that is a special clear coat gun. I also use the Anest Airgunsa for my primer. Now that is about 1400$ in spray guns...and I got a smoking deal.. THese guns are comparable or better than what most shops carry, how ever I do not have 1/3 of that price in my equipment. So I would suggest a good gun such as a SATA. entry level Iwata or even a Divilbis. The more money you will spend the better the layout from my experience. And, dont forget how to properly set up your gun.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Clear coat!

God love the iwata super nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor