1984 buick regal gn clone ls swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Greasemonkey
Jul 17, 2018
Do you have a true dual exhaust? If it is just a Y then saying the left muffler smoking is not going to help much since that is probably just the side your exhaust seems to flow better through.

A video of it smoking would help. "Light gray" is not a color I am familiar with when it comes to automobiles. Black is going to be a rich condition, white would be coolant, and blue for oil. MAYBE you are burning a combination of things. If it is constantly smoking you should see it in the plugs. Maybe take a temperature gun and check each runner, if you can see some sort of outlier with the temperature then you might be able to narrow the issue down to a particular cylinder?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
well that helped alot and reminded me why i love this forum so much !
Just the facts. I've seen enough of your posts to realize that you want the internet to fix it for you. Do some diagnostics (or, have someone do it for you) before you start throwing parts at it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Emmanuel cuellar

G-Body Guru
Aug 8, 2017
Do you have a true dual exhaust? If it is just a Y then saying the left muffler smoking is not going to help much since that is probably just the side your exhaust seems to flow better through.

A video of it smoking would help. "Light gray" is not a color I am familiar with when it comes to automobiles. Black is going to be a rich condition, white would be coolant, and blue for oil. MAYBE you are burning a combination of things. If it is constantly smoking you should see it in the plugs. Maybe take a temperature gun and check each runner, if you can see some sort of outlier with the temperature then you might be able to narrow the issue down to a particular cylinder?
if its not light grey then its white for sure and it has dual exhaust but it didnt smoke before i added some things to it. and since the guy took it as a side job i have to work around his schedule which sucks cause i dont want a bunch of guys touching it and messing with it so im trying to keep it all done with one guy. but my patience is running thin. he has checked it over and over again and its like its a guessing game.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Greasemonkey
Jul 17, 2018
if its not light grey then its white for sure and it has dual exhaust but it didnt smoke before i added some things to it. and since the guy took it as a side job i have to work around his schedule which sucks cause i dont want a bunch of guys touching it and messing with it so im trying to keep it all done with one guy. but my patience is running thin. he has checked it over and over again and its like its a guessing game.
Well diagnosis/troubleshooting isn’t really a guessing game. I mean you start somewhere and move to the next thing. If it is a real dual exhaust start looking at the bank that is smoking. You had the heads off and put a new cam in it at the same time right? Start looking over all the stuff on that side.

Emmanuel cuellar

G-Body Guru
Aug 8, 2017
got the obd working and it just shows this:
AC461647-CC05-46BE-9150-2A3E88A56FA1.jpeg

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Those generic codes are fun! I chased a P0300 in my truck for a year. Looks like you have to start troubleshooting the injectors, but I doubt that's the cause of the smoke. I'll ask these again, too, since none have been answered.

What are the compression readings?
What did the old plugs look like?
Is it using oil?
Is the PCV valve stuck open?
Is there water in the oil?

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Greasemonkey
Jul 17, 2018
Google what the code could mean, go from there. Do the basic stuff too so you know the engine is in good shape.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor