1984 Chevy El Camino (Build Up and Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead amd bust out that bondo :banana: :banana: . but that would look very clean if you made a nice aluminum plate to go across

zuma83 said:
Go ahead amd bust out that bondo :banana: :banana: . but that would look very clean if you made a nice aluminum plate to go across
no bondo and no metal plate, but it will be clean...

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Do u realy think if u cover those holes with a Tack it will kinda melt the medal and not work??? Thats weird huh..u would think those firewall would be hard *ss metal..keep uS posted
my welder will be hot and will burn a hole through the firewall and pull/warp the rest of the metal around it, causing more work than to just glass over it with duraglass, sand back down, small layer of filler, sand back down, filler primer, wet sand, regular primer, wet sand again, then final coat... then if I sprayed it with a regular spray gun and real auto paint, would actually come out like glass, but Im going to be using spray paint... I may even color sand and buff when I am done, to see if I like that... or not!

I am going to try and turn the welder down a bit and just tack a little at a time, then grind it all down, then will still need the process above to finish it off right, but at least if i strip the car down later to do it again, it will be done to my standards

oh I see. are you keeping the original ac/heater box. . I had did mine the bondo way. but that's cuz I don't know how to weld

zuma83 said:
oh I see. are you keeping the original ac/heater box. . I had did mine the bondo way. but that's cuz I don't know how to weld
if I add ac it will all be under the dash, but my delete plate has a fuse box and computer mounted to the inside, so wanna keep the ability to remove it when I want... nothing wrong with bondo when used correctly... its some good stuff, normally when people b*tch about it its because they do not know how to use it properly.
'
for patching holes, use long hair bondo glass, then sand down and use filler, then prime, then glaze, then sand and prime, and wetsand and paint, and it will be/look great!

LSCustoms said:
zuma83 said:
if I add ac it will all be under the dash, but my delete plate has a fuse box and computer mounted to the inside, so wanna keep the ability to remove it when I want... nothing wrong with bondo when used correctly... its some good stuff, normally when people b*tch about it its because they do not know how to use it properly.
'
for patching holes, use long hair bondo glass, then sand down and use filler, then prime, then glaze, then sand and prime, and wetsand and paint, and it will be/look great!

well thanks for the info. you and your crew do great work. can't wait to see some pics ur all done

IMG_20120114_203404.jpg

didn't come out perfect, but good enough for this car, still have to sand, glaze, sand, primer, wetsand and paint... hopefully I can get it done by Monday...

That looks damn good! I wish I would have took the time to fill those dimples on mine when the engine was out. :?

melman109 said:
That looks damn good! I wish I would have took the time to fill those dimples on mine when the engine was out. :?
tired of sanding already! Still have a little ways to go...

IMG_20120115_170055.jpg

little more work and re prime, for final wet sanding, all this for spray paint base and clear...lol, but it ain't in the paint...

IMG_20120115_173404.jpg

IMG_20120115_173229.jpg

IMG_20120115_173211.jpg

IMG_20120115_173355.jpg

little more and I'm moving forward, on to the next

wish I didnt want to wait until this dries real real good to wetsand it, im tempted to go back out there and get on it

gotta fix these four minor issues, which will prob take around 10 minutes... then re prime those areas, before I wet sand it all down...
IMG_20120115_173418-1.jpg

IMG_20120115_173418.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor