1984 Chevy El Camino (Build Up and Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Very happy with this go round... It laid on nice in most areas with the expected runs being that it is cold out and I used spray can... it looks real wet and will be nice once I wetsand and buff it by hand... not gonna spend a ton of time on it and that will be done in a few weeks to make sure the paint is dry... then will wait a few months and do it one more time, once I know the paint has cured and shrunk as much as it will by then...

IMG_20120214_165911.jpg

IMG_20120214_170020.jpg

IMG_20120214_155439.jpg

IMG_20120214_165919.jpg

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
richp85elco said:
lookin real good! you and Warren have the magic touch with those spray cans
Thanks Bro! Warren is the man with it though, its alot more work and patience to get it right... Felt like paying/bribing him to do all the prep work and spraying it with real paint... gotta work on that for the rest of the car, i may be painting it myself

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
I'm thinking about doing the same thing with my father in law, he is a painter for Boeing (C-17's) so I'm trying to bribe him into painting mine he wants a cutlass so I'm trying to find one for cheap as a gift and to trade him, and then rent a booth.

But You should! its tough to find someone that would put the same amount of attention to detail into it as you and Warren would. Plus you dont want any overspray on that 305 and engine bay you just worked so hard on, would you? :rofl:

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
richp85elco said:
I'm thinking about doing the same thing with my father in law, he is a painter for Boeing (C-17's) so I'm trying to bribe him into painting mine he wants a cutlass so I'm trying to find one for cheap as a gift and to trade him, and then rent a booth.

But You should! its tough to find someone that would put the same amount of attention to detail into it as you and Warren would. Plus you dont want any overspray on that 305 and engine bay you just worked so hard on, would you? :rofl:
I was spraying with my bike next to the car uncovered... :rofl:

but I have access to a paint booth, and will be painting it and prepping it myself, when i am ready for that...

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
That came out sweet Skip....taliking about over spray, when i painted my sway bars, the dayum over spray landed all over my Iphone, so instead of it being a white iphone it red know!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Keep up the good work :wink:

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
LSCustoms said:
Very happy with this go round... It laid on nice in most areas with the expected runs being that it is cold out and I used spray can... it looks real wet and will be nice once I wetsand and buff it by hand... not gonna spend a ton of time on it and that will be done in a few weeks to make sure the paint is dry... then will wait a few months and do it one more time, once I know the paint has cured and shrunk as much as it will by then...

IMG_20120214_165911.jpg

IMG_20120214_170020.jpg

IMG_20120214_155439.jpg

IMG_20120214_165919.jpg
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: HOT DAMN LOOKIN GOOD BRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor