1984 Chevy El Camino (Build Up and Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
LSCustoms said:
84clonewars said:
Dude I didn't know you were part chipmunk lol maybe it was just the audio on my laptop but nice work as usual, man I wish i had my garage setup better.
nope not your audio :rofl: , my daughter likes the sound when I speed it up and then stretch or shrink the audio to sound fast or slow
Thats real cool man, nice to the kid helping out. Thanks for all the vids and pics as well.

88MCsupersport

Apprentice
Aug 23, 2012
flushing new york
Re: 1984 Chevy El Camino

LSCustoms said:
This is all the stuff, cleaned up, sprayed with adhesion promoter and sem, black (of course the seats are not sprayed, leather and suede)...
IMG087.jpg

shifter plate for the b&m shifter
IMG089.jpg

brackets for the seats
IMG049.jpg

brackets for the center console
IMG088.jpg

still gotta rebuild the steering column, but at least i got tilt now (big thanks to El Co Warren)! Although I should be thinking Mel too, cause he actually did the work of pulling it out of the parts car
IMG081.jpg

do you have a link to were you got the adhesion paint/die from im putting a black dash bord cover in my monte and want to die/paint the glove box door , cluster pod and other stuff

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011

88MCsupersport said:
do you have a link to were you got the adhesion paint/die from im putting a black dash bord cover in my monte and want to die/paint the glove box door , cluster pod and other stuff
you can use any of the plastic adhesion promoters... sem (***), bulldog, vht, duplicolor, and tons more. i like sem or bulldog...

you local autoparts store or orielly should have it, or any place they sell spray can paints, or sem

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
boatshoes said:
Update please, we miss you :cry:
ill be back to showing what progress was made shortly I promise bro, alot of what im doing goes on youtube, but ive kinda stopped updating much their too... im in the hdforums too and people had been emailing and pm me quite a bit, so i have to get back over there and update some stuff too... thanks for the motivation bro... check out hdforums.com too when you get a chance (my username is gtsdesigns there i think, or lscustoms), ill be updating stuff on my bike too

1979ratrod said:
I do have some updates, on this and other mini projects, but with the pain im in, its hard to sit down and try to put it all together... on top of that, hopefully when i do finally catch the thread up, people will be amazed at what was done and the progress, kinda got burnt out on updating stuff without any major progress... im further along in the motor department and some other misc stuff... working on my bike too, so its kinda going slow... i appreciate you guys pushing me along, cause motivation is hard to come by these days... i stepped out of the spotlight to let those who want it, have it...

Ive been doing a bit of airbrushing too and have made great progress in that department, so gearing up to get some major stuff done in the paint department... the el co has been reinforced and gusseted for the biggest surprise...

88MCsupersport

Apprentice
Aug 23, 2012
flushing new york

LSCustoms said:
88MCsupersport said:
you can use any of the plastic adhesion promoters... sem (***), bulldog, vht, duplicolor, and tons more. i like sem or bulldog...

you local autoparts store or orielly should have it, or any place they sell spray can paints, or sem

kk thnx

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Rear end setup (what i have) is for sell! Offering it to Mel first... most anyone else, if he doesnt want it for his el co... it is the Ford rear, it is for the gbody, it is nice (professionally powder coated)... i have the KORE3 C6 ZO6 upgrade kit, including the ebrake stuff (not including calipers)... this setup will also work with reg c5/c6 brakes (i believe and will double check)... in case you dont wanna drop the extra loot on the c6 zo6 calipers front and back... has MOSER axles (31 spline) and the proper flange size for disc brakes, also upgraded 1/2" long studs and access holes in the flange! it is nice... I do not want it, nor do I need it... I also do not need money... i just want money, so most anyone other than Mel, can make a reasonable offer and ill think on it, until I can get an ad setup with an asking price... I am willing to ship on YOUR DIME! I accept paypal only or cash money...

DOES NOT INCLUDED THE THIRD MEMBER!

and if you are intending on going c6 z06 front and back, I am willing to sell the brand NEW cross drilled/slotted rotors for that upgrade (these are brake motive, have the front pads also)

axles
[youtube]W9ArVYxP2n8[/youtube]

rear housing
[youtube]q2oN-UkqWwA[/youtube]

KORE 3 Brake upgrade kit (and great explanation of the kit
[youtube]oQWSGN-_-Jo[/youtube]

rotors
front 14" (with corrected vanes), rear 13.39" (corrected vanes)...
IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_20120121_182227.jpg

SOLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor