1984 El Camino Conquista.....Brown Sugar 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
melman109 said:
Another package came today 😀

729011f0.jpg

Chrome license plate pocket
Grille emblem
Hood ornament
And my third brake light (which will be mounted to the license plate pocket)

Dropped off all my conquista trim on Wednesday night and will be ready for pickup tomorrow afternoon. Car should see some color this weekend and pinstripes early next week!

I'm gonna try to get the rest of the chrome done before the end of the month if my money isn't to bad

NICE! thats gonna look sweet!

melman109 said:
Another package came today 😀

729011f0.jpg

Chrome license plate pocket
Grille emblem
Hood ornament
And my third brake light (which will be mounted to the license plate pocket)

Dropped off all my conquista trim on Wednesday night and will be ready for pickup tomorrow afternoon. Car should see some color this weekend and pinstripes early next week!

I'm gonna try to get the rest of the chrome done before the end of the month if my money isn't to bad
that book lookin so CRISPY!

kuruption109 said:
melman109 said:
Thanks fellas! Should have the car back soon
whats SOON? today? :drool: or tomorrow? :drool:

Waiting to hear back from the pinstriper, hopefully next week. Next Friday would
Be the earliest I could pick it up with my work schedule next week. I should have a more definate answer by tomorrow.

Just added up the cost of all new clips for all the moldings/trim $150 not including shipping :wtf: I would have saved all my old ones if I knew that :rofl:

Dayum i need one of those chrome license plate pod... Man ur elko is going to look so sweet!! Cant wait

melman109 said:
kuruption109 said:
melman109 said:
Thanks fellas! Should have the car back soon
whats SOON? today? :drool: or tomorrow? :drool:

Waiting to hear back from the pinstriper, hopefully next week. Next Friday would
Be the earliest I could pick it up with my work schedule next week. I should have a more definate answer by tomorrow.

Just added up the cost of all new clips for all the moldings/trim $150 not including shipping :wtf: I would have saved all my old ones if I knew that :rofl:

yea for some dumb little clips lol thats crazy i got some window ones on ebay for cheap so keep an eye out there and i think napa has some too. Maybe ask the napa worker on this forum (i forget his name) to see if he could get you the part numbers to save u sum money

richp85elco said:
yea for some dumb little clips lol thats crazy i got some window ones on ebay for cheap so keep an eye out there and i think napa has some too. Maybe ask the napa worker on this forum (i forget his name) to see if he could get you the part numbers to save u sum money

Thanks for the info, my bro kuruption also told me about a auto paint supply company out here that sells clips as well so i'll be looking into both places this coming week.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Dayum i need one of those chrome license plate pod... Man ur elko is going to look so sweet!! Cant wait
Thanks Bro! Cheapest place I found for the rear plate pocket was Dixie Monte Carlo it was under $60.

UPDATE:
Stopped by the body shop things are still moving on the car. He had a government project that came in that he had to get done which took a couple days but he is back on the elco. The car is now in 2k primer and closer to being painted. Once the bed is in primer he can spray the jambs, the bottom part of the hood and the inner part of the fenders.

I got my conquista trim back from the chromer/polisher and it came out sweeeeeet I really wanted to have it all chromed but he talked me into just polishing it. Polishing it all saved me some $$$$ which will allow me to get some other things done. I'm glad I went this route because the polish job he did looks like chrome. Here are some pics of all the trim he did, the bed rails in the pics were chromed not polished

6138282300_e99cef4305.jpg

6136420039_200e30cb09.jpg

6136385547_cfa47e8896.jpg

6136379389_74016ed019.jpg

6136361199_5d7fcea4ab.jpg

6136892488_086dbd6f5b.jpg

6136341179_5bdb110564.jpg

6136331983_54bbe2ec3a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor