Status
Not open for further replies.

H317

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2014
Albany, IN
skulledmonte84 said:
Looks better than no dash lol
Thank you. Yes, it sure does look better. No...it's not perfect but it's a dash, it's blue, and I got it for one heck of a price.

H317

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2014
Albany, IN
ssn696 said:
Nice job...looks a lot better. At 2F outside, you earned the karma that got you a blue dash! I once pulled an axle in Idaho Falls when it was -10F. Younger and tougher then.
Thank you. I am pleased with it. -10 pulling an axle??!! Wow. Not sure I would be that tough!! Now I have to figure out what is wrong with the speedometer and see if my fuel gauge is lying to me...LOL

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
SURE you got the cable in right ? It could be something to do with the other end in the trans,You sure it's in the trans ? There is a plastic gear in them it could be broke.it's not that hard to change but you may have to unbolt the tail shaft from the trans. Here's what them gears look like. Different color mean's more/less teeth,If it's broke just replace it with the same color,but be aware it could be the wrong one in there,Just ask someone to make sure. Highly doubt it's something to do with your gauge cluster,Here's a link you may want to save if it is the gear,Keep us updated if you get it fix

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/show ... p?t=345091

Attachments

• 2013-03-12_12-10-02_0.jpg
    2013-03-12_12-10-02_0.jpg
    905.9 KB · Views: 332

H317

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2014
Albany, IN
skulledmonte84 said:
SURE you got the cable in right ? It could be something to do with the other end in the trans,You sure it's in the trans ? There is a plastic gear in them it could be broke.it's not that hard to change but you may have to unbolt the tail shaft from the trans. Here's what them gears look like. Different color mean's more/less teeth,If it's broke just replace it with the same color,but be aware it could be the wrong one in there,Just ask someone to make sure. Highly doubt it's something to do with your gauge cluster,Here's a link you may want to save if it is the gear,Keep us updated if you get it fix http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/show ... p?t=345091
I will first make sure it is in the transmission then I think I am going to take the cable off the speedometer and make sure the red part from the cable is seated properly inside the speedometer. Thanks for the information and the link.

H317

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2014
Albany, IN
Wow...I can't believe I forgot to post my updated dash pics.

I have since started running the car at the local dragstrip. Making steady progress each time I go out. No...they are not the most impressive times but they ARE getting better and the most important thing is...I AM HAVING A BLAST!!!!! LOL Here is a link to my website I have made. http://meandthetree.weebly.com

Attachments

• new dash.jpg
    new dash.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 261

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
H317 said:
Wow...I can't believe I forgot to post my updated dash pics.

I have since started running the car at the local dragstrip. Making steady progress each time I go out. No...they are not the most impressive times but they ARE getting better and the most important thing is...I AM HAVING A BLAST!!!!! LOL Here is a link to my website I have made. http://meandthetree.weebly.com

yea u did post that same pic already lol looks better than no dash

H317

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2014
Albany, IN
I sure has been a long few days!!! I did not even see that I had posted the pic. Been lacking sleep as I have removed my old transmission (forward clutch was going out) and put in another one.. all since Friday night...LOL I am glad it is finally done!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor