1984 regal t type

Status
Not open for further replies.

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
Well I just acquired an 84 regal t type turbo. It is in pretty ruff shape body wise but there are some good parts on the car I will probably keep the rear for myself. I don't know much else about the t cars but I am curios as too the value of several items. The motor for one don't know what condition but the turbo was removed but I have it. The braking system? The transmission? Hood,dash,console?

So what should I do? Part out sell hole or try to restore?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
looks like it has an open 8.5. If you are interested in selling parts from it I would be interested. The transmission is a 2004r with a BF valve body and the governor shifts at 5500 versus a brf shifting at 5800. Its a hot air turbo engine, that is not that sought after since it is not intercooled. If the body is in that bad of shape it may not be able to be saved with tons of work. It has a sand grey interior which is neat. What is also pretty rare about this car is the designer WH1 rpo code. This means its a designer series which in 84 only 1163 were made. If you have the time and money to completely restore I would do it. If not I would sell the entire car to someone that knows about it. Just dont let anyone in the Buick community know you parted an actual WH1....They are like the Hurst olds of the olds community

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
part it out. i'd like to make my offer for the hood, trunk, rear window trim and center console. i only say this because it'd take a fortune to restore that car. part it out and put that towards one in better shape if anything.

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
As it sits what would a car in this condition be worth to a collector? I got in this car pretty cheap and really I am in the middle of doing my SS. Which will probably take me another a year. I would like to see it restored which I don't know the full extent of body till I get it on the lift and check underneath. From what I have been able to see it looks solid under there.I also have a line on some grand national parts the guy I bought the car from has. A complete interior an a 87 inter cooled motor with 50,000 miles.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I'd like to discuss further. J know Brian at Gbody or myself may take it. PM me with what you would want for it.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Never saw a Gbody rusted out under the quarter windows before. Looks like a bondo patch that has failed.

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
If you do end up parting it out I would take the hydro boost master cylinder set up from it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor