1985-1987 442 Gold Wheel Paint Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Did Colours buy up the Ditzler store (as we always called it growing up) on North Side off Perrysville by Perry HS? That has my go to store when I was living down that way.

No, that store has been closed for some time, maybe even before the Colours buyout. Miller's/Colours on Perry Hwy by Martorelli was always our PPG supplier when I was still doing auto body for a living. I still have an account with them and I still buy stuff from them every once in a while, but I not like I used to.

JeffinNashvilleTN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2019
Hey 69hurstolds,
About your refurbished wheel, I'm assuming a plating company rechromed the wheel and you applied the gold paint?? Can you tell us what the cost of rechroming was and how did you go about applying the paint and striping? That really looks very well done.
Jeffrey

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Hey 69hurstolds,
About your refurbished wheel, I'm assuming a plating company rechromed the wheel and you applied the gold paint?? Can you tell us what the cost of rechroming was and how did you go about applying the paint and striping? That really looks very well done.
Jeffrey
That would have been nice, but no. It was just a good set of used rims. Just cleaned them up, taped off the center, painted the inserts, and put on new outer tape stripe.

It was a little time consuming to spruce up all 4 wheels, but worth it in the end.

JeffinNashvilleTN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2019
That would have been nice, but no. It was just a good set of used rims. Just cleaned them up, taped off the center, painted the inserts, and put on new outer tape stripe.

It was a little time consuming to spruce up all 4 wheels, but worth it in the end.
Absolutely worth it. How did you get the striping tape on so......well, PERFECT!! You're hired!!:censored:

JeffinNashvilleTN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2019
Hey 69hurstolds,
Jeffrey
Hey I found this . Haven't purchased one myself but hopefully in the near future. If anyone buys one please post up your pros and cons.

https://www.musclecarparts.cc/shop/...bkU0dAUG1YGIOY0sRf2DWaOgbK8ZZyaUaAiPkEALw_wcB

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Hey I found this . Haven't purchased one myself but hopefully in the near future. If anyone buys one please post up your pros and cons.

https://www.musclecarparts.cc/shop/...bkU0dAUG1YGIOY0sRf2DWaOgbK8ZZyaUaAiPkEALw_wcB
I'd be curious as to what that entails. I just used the 3/16" gold stripe roll from 3M. Close enough shade to work for what I needed it for. I just laid it down very carefully going slow and steady using my index finger to ride over the stripe to guide it into place and run along with the curve of the rim. It took a little practice to get the hang of it. It ain't perfect. But again, close enough for me.

And there's this to help keep sh*t straight:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CBFC2MV/?tag=gbody-20

JeffinNashvilleTN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2019
I'd be curious as to what that entails. I just used the 3/16" gold stripe roll from 3M. Close enough shade to work for what I needed it for. I just laid it down very carefully going slow and steady using my index finger to ride over the stripe to guide it into place and run along with the curve of the rim. It took a little practice to get the hang of it. It ain't perfect. But again, close enough for me.

And there's this to help keep sh*t straight:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CBFC2MV/?tag=gbody-20
$30.00 stinking dollars for that?? Me thinks that 3M tape he has is probably the same thing you used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor