1985 Monte Carlo SS T-Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjones0007

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2014
Jackson, Ohio
Hello, Im currently building my SS and i figured i would post some pics of a couple of the steps that have been completed so far, i still have a long way to go before my deadline (Our big car show in Columbus, Ohio in June)...I plan on changing the motor, transmission, and rear end, along with some suspension upgrades. Its going to get a full custom interior along with custom dash and console. Any Ideas, problem solvers, etc are welcome...thanks in advance! -Chris

( I have a 2" cowl hood on the way, thus why the hood isnt painted)

Attachments

• Monte 1.jpg
    Monte 1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,012
  • Monte 3.jpg
    Monte 3.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 884
  • Monte 7.jpg
    Monte 7.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 782

cjones0007

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2014
Jackson, Ohio
Thanks everyone, I will definitely keep posting, I have to weld the floor pans in and as soon as I do that then it's onto doing the dash and console. Thanks again!

ashnic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2014
Hey great to see another buckeye! I'm from Fairborn..small town outside of Dayton..Nice Monte..

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
looks good in red :)

cjones0007

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2014
Jackson, Ohio
Thanks everyone! I will post pics of the progress as it comes to life...the interior is the biggest step ahead, but since I'm the manager of my family's auto upholstery shop, it shouldn't be to bad, haha. Thanks again! -Chris

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
I seen you got the handles shaved,What door poppersdo you have ? Were did you install them at ? Maybe pic ?

cjones0007

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2014
Jackson, Ohio
Hello, Actually i dont have any door poppers. I havent installed anything yet but im going to get a kit that rolls the windows down (you have to have power windows of course) so you can just reach in and open it that way. We have the same setup on our 36 chevy coupe and 67 GTO and it works great. As soon as we get the kit installed i will let you know and post pics. I also have my trunk lock shaved, and we use a hood latch assembly for that setup and hide the cable under the bumper somewhere. The 67 GTO is that way and it works great. We shaved the antenna, trunk latch, and the handles on my SS. Ill post pics of everything as i get them done for you to see those. (We have an upholstery and body shop in Columbus, OH and an upholstery shop in Jackson, OH. thats why i said "we")

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor