1985 Oldsmobile cutlass 307 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

garciagomez23

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2013
when I put my gear in D it never wants to go more than 30mph unless I step on it in a 40-55 mph road even then at 36-38 mph it does a little jump and shifts. but when when I drive it manually like 1-2-D it drives great why is that? any help would be appreciated. and if I my post is in the wrong thread sorry newbie here. here is a youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oTUH2R ... ata_player

YaoGuaiCutlass

Apprentice
Aug 6, 2013
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Might be your carburetor. The gasket might need replaced due to the secondaries being "hung up" on them. Could be your detent cable is not completely hooked up.
Heck, might even try checking the parking brake (not to sound dickish). Check there first. Best bet would be to replace the gasket and hook everything back up (vacuum lines and cables.) The detent cable should snap into place next to the throttle cable. Hope this helps you :)

littlerascle59

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2009
Mississippi
Check your detent cable
CHECK YOUR TRANSMISSION FLUID LEVEL
Change transmission fluid and filter
Check the linkage rod that runs from column to trans to see if its moving properly and that each gear is fully in place.
Other than that, idk. Last time I had that type problem, it ended up being that my front pump burned out because of low fluid level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor