1985 oldsmobile cutlass supreme help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastman559

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 2, 2012
I have a 1985 oldsmobile cutlass supreme V8 305 i bought a carburetor put it on but i need help with the vacuum hoses im not sire where they go i tried the diagram under the hood but its to difficult for me..if anyone has an 85' could you please send me detailed pictures or post a step by step video on youtube on how and where the vacuum hoses go or something please that would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 2012-01-11_16-33-48_234.jpg
    2012-01-11_16-33-48_234.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9,394

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Is this a stock Canadian Cutlass that came with a 305 and no CCC system? Are you just reinstalling the same carb that was already on there? Are you running all the emissions crap and want it all set up factory stock?

Following the vacuum line diagram under the hood is not hard to do and shouldn't be beyond your ability, especially since all you have to concern yourself with is the carb and not the rest of the engine. I think you're selling yourself short. Just get out there and give it a try. Yes, it appears to be very complex, but really it's not as hard as you may think. Just follow the lines on the diagram! Easy!

eastman559

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 2, 2012
Thanks doublev i'll try it again i found a more detailed digram online plus i ordered a cutlass repair manual to trouble shoot i ordered a rebuilt carb from guranteed carburetors i matched both carbs together and they looked identical they said it was aready adjusted for my vehicle just put on and start only if it were that easy lol

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
how much emissions crap crap do you have? i have an 87 305 4bbl roch. i could take a few pics of if it'll help. are there any in piticular your unsure of?

eastman559

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 2, 2012
I have a v8 305 stock engine with a 4 bbl quadrajet carb. Pretty much need help with all the hoses that are connected to the carb take pictures of it myself and post a video on youtube so everyone could know what im talking about and post the lunks on here thanks for your guys help its just frustrating its been awhile since ive heard my baby purr..

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
wheres the link to the video?

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
That is a olds 307 buddy not a 305sbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor