1986 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

slammed elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2014
I just picked up a 1986 gray 442. The main body is in decent shape. No major rust. The floor pans, truck and deck lid are mint. Interior is clean and complete. drivers side quarter and rocker will need some work maybe replaced. Left door is junk right side is missing. Also has no motor or trans. I think its a steal for $800.00

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
Seems ok considering it's a 442. I'd buy it too if I had a garage. Though no engine and missing a door (!?) sure devalued it. Power windows to boot, that might be tough to find a good replacement. Hopefully the harness wasn't hacked off.

Decent deal. Was it a parts car for someone? How are the rear frame rails?

slammed elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2014
Yes it is missing the door. But the doors were junk anyways. But with it having mint floors, trunk pans and the rest in decent shape its worth bringing it back to its former glory. I couldn't let this one be parted out. For right now I have a carbureted lt1 out of a 95 trans am. Its just gonne be a temp motor to get it running again till I can figure out what actual drive train I want to put in it. Ive been debating on a ls swap. Or maybe a rocket 350. What do u guys think. If it was all original I would keep it that way but since its not numbers matching anymore im not worried about originality.

slammed elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2014
yes the 8.5 is still there. The odometer reads 79000 miles but not sure if it rolled or not. Ill have the car home either tonight or tomorrow. Ill get more pics then.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
I was supposed to pick up that car tonight... glad it's not getting parted.
My dad was eying this one and my intention was to help him restore the car with the correct rebuilt VIN9 86-87 307 and correct VIN9 trans for him to drive since he won't leave me alone about my '85 442 or my brothers '87 Salon.
I also have a rust free door from an '86 442 so it was going to be an easy restore.
This stuff is available if interested in restoring back to factory original.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
A nice 350 rocket for sure. Nice steal! Keep Olds alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor