Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Looking good

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
You sir are truly lucky to have had no rust issues lurking beneath! I, like many had to replace my roof skin due to the rot the rust caused.....luckily my cutlass was a hardtop car from the factory so it was easier to weld on the new skin without dealing with factory body filler issues.

86sbcmonte

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2016
St. Louis
You sir are truly lucky to have had no rust issues lurking beneath! I, like many had to replace my roof skin due to the rot the rust caused.....luckily my cutlass was a hardtop car from the factory so it was easier to weld on the new skin without dealing with factory body filler issues.
Huge sigh of relief. My buddy even took it a step further and grabbed the grinder to knock off the rivets and started a little sanding. Plenty to go but it's a start.

Attachments

• IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 412
Reactions: 1 users

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Not sure if I'm gonna put that trim on mine. I keep seeing where people said the quarter glass ends up with a small gap when you remove the vinyl but mine sits flush. Does yours?

86sbcmonte

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2016
St. Louis
Not sure if I'm gonna put that trim on mine. I keep seeing where people said the quarter glass ends up with a small gap when you remove the vinyl but mine sits flush. Does yours?
Funny u asked that because I picked up a set of quarter windows and didn't like the fit because the rubber surround wouldn't lay flat. Stuck the vinyl quarter glass in and it sat flush and my body guy says that it can be fixed with no problem.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor