1986 Cutlass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavlak412

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 25, 2013
I got it for $500.00, its my first car. It currently has a 5.7L in it, it fires but theres a tapping on the driver side so i shut the car off immediately, i have a 2001 5.7L vortec and i would like to know if my problem can be fixed & if i can pop that 2001 350 in it if i need too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 557
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 544
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 547

shanghaismith

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2010
Macon, GA
If the engine runs but makes a tapping noise I would fix it. Repairing the engine will be a lot easier then installing the Vortec and finding or fabricating all of the brackets and such that will be needed to mount the A/C, alt. and power steering pump. Have you done and R&R on an engine before?

Gavlak412

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 25, 2013
I have my buddy has atleast 15 grandnationals and t-types. He rebuilds them and drags. Still thinking about popping 3.8 turbo g-national motor in it later down the road.

shanghaismith

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2010
Macon, GA
The 3.8 turbo is a great idea. I asked if you had done an engine swap before because when you talked about "popping" one in you made it sound so easy, and a lot of guys that talk like that don't know what is involved. I don't find removing and installing engines an easy task but at my age heavy repair is not as easy as it used to be. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gavlak412

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 25, 2013
Its easier with help. And yeah i like the 3.8 turbo idea, i can get a good deal on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor